Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Z and Dr.Coz

Posted by Carmen on 5/09/02 at 17:52 (083271)

Please let me know what to ask for AFTER treatment maintenance...ice? rest? elevation etc.
I need to be at least 80% for the kids when they come....I am VERY concerned. As of now I can walk around and have no real restrictions....pain is there but minimal unless after a LONG day.

Re: Dr. Z and Dr.Coz

DR Zuckerman on 5/11/02 at 06:45 (083502)

Hi

Do you have pain where the plantar fascia inserts into the bottom of the heel bone. Do you limp where you first get up in the morning or after sitting for any length of time. What is the level of pain now.
IF you can walk and have no real restrictions NOW you need to discuss your pain level goal with the treating doctor.

Ok after the treatment. Most patients will have very little pain after the EPOS procedure. Some will have some pain. The relief from the epos can be now in a few days and sometimes gradual reduction of pain after six to twelve weeks.

I would real like to know more information about the answer to the questions in my first paragraph

Carmen on 5/12/02 at 09:31 (083609)

I do have slight pain at the insertion area...it's not bad first thing in the morning....more after being on feet for awhile during the day.
I have mentioned my concerns abot this not seeming like typical PF b/c of the lack of first morning pain and all doctors have said it's PF.
Level of pain is about 4 at the worst....1 at the best. What do you mean by discuss my pain level goal?
The goal would be NONE. :o)
Thanks Dr. Z...
I go for blood work tomorrow morning....

DR Zuckerman on 5/11/02 at 06:45 (083502)

Hi

Do you have pain where the plantar fascia inserts into the bottom of the heel bone. Do you limp where you first get up in the morning or after sitting for any length of time. What is the level of pain now.
IF you can walk and have no real restrictions NOW you need to discuss your pain level goal with the treating doctor.

Ok after the treatment. Most patients will have very little pain after the EPOS procedure. Some will have some pain. The relief from the epos can be now in a few days and sometimes gradual reduction of pain after six to twelve weeks.

I would real like to know more information about the answer to the questions in my first paragraph

Carmen on 5/12/02 at 09:31 (083609)

I do have slight pain at the insertion area...it's not bad first thing in the morning....more after being on feet for awhile during the day.
I have mentioned my concerns abot this not seeming like typical PF b/c of the lack of first morning pain and all doctors have said it's PF.
Level of pain is about 4 at the worst....1 at the best. What do you mean by discuss my pain level goal?
The goal would be NONE. :o)
Thanks Dr. Z...
I go for blood work tomorrow morning....