Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Prolo shots?

Posted by Jane on 5/11/02 at 07:43 (083512)

A friend saw an osteo doctor talking about prolo shots on a local news show. A bunch of callers called in with plantarfacitis and he stated that he has had patients with plantarfacitis and has been successful. He said it not only takes the pain away but regenerates (I don't know if that's the right word)....the muscle? I'm just wondering your thoughts on this and whether this is just a 'temporary' fix instead of permanent....I've had this for over 2 years in both feet and am two steps from having surgery.... (I have to go to a rheumotologist (sp) to rule out arthritis and then a possible MRI) Just wondering if this is worth a try....thanks in advance. :)

Re: Prolo shots?

BrianG on 5/11/02 at 10:57 (083531)

Hi Jane,

I had 5 or 6 Prolo injections. All of them hurt like hell, I didn't get better, and insurance only paid a small amount of each visit. Check the search feature, I know we have talked about it beore. I think it has a better chanch of working on joint type problems. If you find a Prolo doc, ask him to put you in touch with some people he has healed, that had PF. Probably won't happen. Sorry to be so negative, but I've never heard of it helping PF suffer's. Good luck on healing.

BrianG, not a doc

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/11/02 at 13:32 (083540)

Hi Jane:

I have had several patients who had Prolo shots with no success. Why don't you jump back two steps and forget the surgery. Have you considred ESWT? If you would like information on ESWT I can send it out to you.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

BrianG on 5/11/02 at 10:57 (083531)

Hi Jane,

I had 5 or 6 Prolo injections. All of them hurt like hell, I didn't get better, and insurance only paid a small amount of each visit. Check the search feature, I know we have talked about it beore. I think it has a better chanch of working on joint type problems. If you find a Prolo doc, ask him to put you in touch with some people he has healed, that had PF. Probably won't happen. Sorry to be so negative, but I've never heard of it helping PF suffer's. Good luck on healing.

BrianG, not a doc

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/11/02 at 13:32 (083540)

Hi Jane:

I have had several patients who had Prolo shots with no success. Why don't you jump back two steps and forget the surgery. Have you considred ESWT? If you would like information on ESWT I can send it out to you.

Dr. John Cozzarelli