Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tens machine

Posted by Rachel W. on 5/11/02 at 08:48 (083522)

Has anyone thought about using a Tens machine? Any comments?

Re: Tens machine

Rachel W. on 5/11/02 at 09:42 (083526)

And if they have, where abouts would you put it?
Either side of the heel??? Or ankle???

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/11/02 at 13:29 (083539)

Hi Rachel:

I have had patients use tens units. They place on the inside IMedial) aspect of the heel usually over the medial calcaneal nerve. This helps ease the pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Rachel W. on 5/12/02 at 09:15 (083603)

I tried it. No joy. Maybe I'm doing it wrong
I don't know.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/12/02 at 15:18 (083634)

Rachel:

Do what is called the Lempe method. Start by increasing the frequency. This is how stron the power is . Then increase amplitude so that you feel a pulse and then the pulse become a steady fast wave. I would do this 30 minutes at a time. I hope this really helps you.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

RACHAEL T. on 5/12/02 at 15:25 (083636)

Hi Dr. C! This is the other Rachael....Rachael T. - the horsetrainer. I continue to slowly improve - but I pushed the limits I do believe this week a bit.....w/ riding & training in the barn. I am wondering....in regards to the 10s unit....would that be advantageous to use regularly w/ my lifestyle & work? Would it encourage healing or just present state of well-being? I continue to take meds - wondering if I will ever be med free.....but till then, I also know that riding & working in boots in the barn on sawdust/sand terrain footing in the riding arena isn't a good environment. In regards to the 10s, what do you think? And, is there a particular type of unit that you'd recommend? Thanks for your reply!

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/12/02 at 17:43 (083651)

Hi Rachel:

I do like the Solitens unit. This unit works on impedence. It basically finds blocked energy paths and tries to clear them. Treamtent is pinpoint and is a bout 2 minutes per treatment.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Rachel W. on 5/11/02 at 09:42 (083526)

And if they have, where abouts would you put it?
Either side of the heel??? Or ankle???

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/11/02 at 13:29 (083539)

Hi Rachel:

I have had patients use tens units. They place on the inside IMedial) aspect of the heel usually over the medial calcaneal nerve. This helps ease the pain.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Rachel W. on 5/12/02 at 09:15 (083603)

I tried it. No joy. Maybe I'm doing it wrong
I don't know.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/12/02 at 15:18 (083634)

Rachel:

Do what is called the Lempe method. Start by increasing the frequency. This is how stron the power is . Then increase amplitude so that you feel a pulse and then the pulse become a steady fast wave. I would do this 30 minutes at a time. I hope this really helps you.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

RACHAEL T. on 5/12/02 at 15:25 (083636)

Hi Dr. C! This is the other Rachael....Rachael T. - the horsetrainer. I continue to slowly improve - but I pushed the limits I do believe this week a bit.....w/ riding & training in the barn. I am wondering....in regards to the 10s unit....would that be advantageous to use regularly w/ my lifestyle & work? Would it encourage healing or just present state of well-being? I continue to take meds - wondering if I will ever be med free.....but till then, I also know that riding & working in boots in the barn on sawdust/sand terrain footing in the riding arena isn't a good environment. In regards to the 10s, what do you think? And, is there a particular type of unit that you'd recommend? Thanks for your reply!

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/12/02 at 17:43 (083651)

Hi Rachel:

I do like the Solitens unit. This unit works on impedence. It basically finds blocked energy paths and tries to clear them. Treamtent is pinpoint and is a bout 2 minutes per treatment.

Dr. John Cozzarelli