Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Posted by Jane on 5/11/02 at 14:02 (083544)

Regarding ESWT...yes I would like info on it....my doc has talked to me about this....he wants to do surgery as a very last resort and I agree.....he says I'm one of his top 3 worst pf patients (and we are all moms of young children so it's hard to 'rest)....We went to orlando in March and my husband called me a trooper....but I told him I do what I can for the kids (walking disney universal, seaworld, etc..) but I was in agony more than I let on...I took my night splints with me and then helped but by the fourth day of walking I felt like I was walking on hot coals....Anyways...I'm from the Buffalo area and I think he mentioned that there is a place in Cleveland that does this? Is there anywhere closer? And how does insurance cover this? Does it cover it? What is recovery time and 'how do you recover'....rest? all day? a couple hours here and there? It may sound silly some of these questions but I'm at wits end but don't want to do something drastic and find out it doesn't work....but yet again at this point I'd do anything. Telling my kids after I put them to bed that I can not walk back up stairs at the end of the nite to even get them a cup of water sometimes just breaks my heart....but more times than any...there I go trotting back up those stairs....in pain and in silent tears.... Thanks in advance...

Re: Dr. John Cozzarelli-One more question...

Jane on 5/11/02 at 14:07 (083545)

I just visited your website....what is plantar fibroma? and how does that 'really' differ from Plantarfacitis? My doc said that he wants me to go for an MRI after the rheumotologist....Is that the reason? He is 99% sure that it is Plantarfacitis...but like I said looking at everything before surgery becomes the last resort. Thanks in advance.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/12/02 at 15:16 (083632)

Hi Jane:

Plantar Fibroma is a benign growth that occurs on the bottom of the foot. It is also called Lederhose's design. It is a benign growth that occures in the plantar fascia. I hope this helps. There is also a cross sensativity of 5% occuring with Hypo- or Hyperthyrodism.

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Jane on 5/11/02 at 14:07 (083545)

I just visited your website....what is plantar fibroma? and how does that 'really' differ from Plantarfacitis? My doc said that he wants me to go for an MRI after the rheumotologist....Is that the reason? He is 99% sure that it is Plantarfacitis...but like I said looking at everything before surgery becomes the last resort. Thanks in advance.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/12/02 at 15:16 (083632)

Hi Jane:

Plantar Fibroma is a benign growth that occurs on the bottom of the foot. It is also called Lederhose's design. It is a benign growth that occures in the plantar fascia. I hope this helps. There is also a cross sensativity of 5% occuring with Hypo- or Hyperthyrodism.

Dr. John Cozzarelli