Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

If You Soak Your Feet in Hot Water for 15 Min., What sensations Do You Get After You Remove Them?

Posted by Mike S. on 5/12/02 at 17:37 (083648)

My nerves in my toes feel like they are tight as piano strings right out to their tips.

Incidentally, a neurologist told me your feet should be in warm water BEFORE a NCS for it to be valid. I've had 4 and none did this??

Re: If You Soak Your Feet in Hot Water for 15 Min., What sensations Do You Get After You Remove Them?

Sharon W on 5/13/02 at 11:17 (083700)

I had nerve conduction studies and the neuro certainly didn't stick my feet in hot water first. But it might be interesting if he HAD, because hot wanter makes my feel feel more inflamed, unless I follow it immediately with ice, and sometimes what I get after removing my feet from hot water is shooting pains, up and/or down from my ankle. That's why I stopped making the water really HOT.

-- Sharon

Re: If You Soak Your Feet in Hot Water for 15 Min., What sensations Do You Get After You Remove Them?

susie c on 5/13/02 at 19:47 (083749)

I can not tolerate hot water it makes my foot and ankle look as I put a bright red sock on and causes throbbing. I have a foot spa and if I use it with luke warm water and no vibrating message it is fine. Susie

Sharon W on 5/13/02 at 11:17 (083700)

I had nerve conduction studies and the neuro certainly didn't stick my feet in hot water first. But it might be interesting if he HAD, because hot wanter makes my feel feel more inflamed, unless I follow it immediately with ice, and sometimes what I get after removing my feet from hot water is shooting pains, up and/or down from my ankle. That's why I stopped making the water really HOT.

-- Sharon

susie c on 5/13/02 at 19:47 (083749)

I can not tolerate hot water it makes my foot and ankle look as I put a bright red sock on and causes throbbing. I have a foot spa and if I use it with luke warm water and no vibrating message it is fine. Susie