Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

insert and orthodics/ and cortizone shots

Posted by Paula D. on 5/12/02 at 18:48 (083659)

Dear Doctor,
I have been wearing orthodics for close to 10 years for a problem that I had behind the toes on the pad (left foot). They helped greatly. Now I have a heel spur. A year ago I had a cortizone shot and it helped completely. Now I have another spur. I had another shot, but this shot did not stop the pain. My questions are: 1. will using an insert help me, and should I use it in place of the orthodics? 2. Nothing was mentioned about cortizone shots in the web site on heel spurs. Why? Isn't that a viable method of helping? Paula (email removed)

Re: insert and orthodics/ and cortizone shots

JERRI SKILES on 5/13/02 at 19:21 (083745)

I MIGHT HAVE TARSEL TUNNEL MAYBE THEY THINK IVE HAD SHOTS OF CORTIZONE IN MY FEET AND IS ON MEDICAL LEAVE LOST MY JOB CAUSE OF THIS I CANT STAND LONG WITH OUT SEVERAL PAIN IM DIABETIC AND NOT SURE IF I CAN WORK WHAT DO THEY DO FOR THIS AND SHOULD I SIGH UP FOR DISABILITY AND I WAS TOLD THIS WAS A RARE CONDITION CAN YOU FIND TIME TO REPLY THANK YOU

Re: insert and orthodics/ and cortizone shots

JERRI SKILES on 5/13/02 at 19:21 (083745)

I MIGHT HAVE TARSEL TUNNEL MAYBE THEY THINK IVE HAD SHOTS OF CORTIZONE IN MY FEET AND IS ON MEDICAL LEAVE LOST MY JOB CAUSE OF THIS I CANT STAND LONG WITH OUT SEVERAL PAIN IM DIABETIC AND NOT SURE IF I CAN WORK WHAT DO THEY DO FOR THIS AND SHOULD I SIGH UP FOR DISABILITY AND I WAS TOLD THIS WAS A RARE CONDITION CAN YOU FIND TIME TO REPLY THANK YOU