Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Laurie Update

Posted by Pam B on 5/12/02 at 19:21 (083661)

Hi everyone :) Wishing all a very Happy Mothers Day :)

I wanted to drop in and let everyone know that Laurie is doing pretty well......she went to the docs on Friday due to some adjustment problems she is having with some of the meds in the pump and to have her dressings changed......she is spaced out but morphine will do that to you especially if you also have other meds combined with it and have them going through the catheter.....her pain level seems to be highest in the morning....he put a splint on her leg at the appt and due to the RSD she will have to remove it several times a day to move her foot around.....the doc is pleased with the way her incision is healing....she did say that the terrible pain she had from the tendon is gone :) and she does not feel that horrible pain she had prior to surgery.....so all in all things are looking pretty good right now.....Rico said he took her out to sit in the sun for a little while yesterday and I am sure that did her a world of good......sunshine warms the soul :)She has another doc appt tomorrow and if there is anything to report I will let you all know.....again, have a wonderful holiday everyone :)

Re: Laurie Update

Angel R on 5/12/02 at 23:08 (083671)

Hello everyone, I want to start off by saying how sorry I am for not posting the last few days.I know you are all eager to know whats going on with my Mom.Thing's have been a bit crazy for me the last few days.I think everyone's still adjusting (especially my mom!).Thank you to Pam, and Janet they were both accurate on everything that was said.My mom is still trying to adjust to the morphine.She see's her PM doctor tomorrow AM he is the one that will adjust the morphine.That's going through her around the clock through, the pump.It was a bit much for her at first,she's doing a little better with it though.She's just very very tired, and in pain.

She is to just stay iff her foot and lay around for the next few weeks.We will give you an update tomorrow on how her PM appt. went.Everything is just really taking a lot out of her.Thank you to all who sent cards and e-mail's it means a lot to my mom.We all really apprictae you loving thoughts and prayers.Much Love to all!Hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day!

Janet C on 5/13/02 at 00:29 (083674)

Oh Angel - you don't have to be sorry, sweetie, we all understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family right now. I am extremely impressed by how mature you are, and I think that you are doing a wonderful job not only keeping all of us informed about your mom's welfare, but also with all the extra duties that are necessary of you while your mom recovers.

I hope your mom had a happy Mothers' Day today despite her situation. We all know she's a special woman with a heart of gold, and she deserves all the happiness in the world. Have faith that this trying time will soon be past, and your mom will be her wonderful, healthy self again.

Can you give her an extra gentle hug from me? Thank you for all that you do!

Blessings to you and your family ~ Janet

Tammie on 5/13/02 at 10:42 (083697)

Angel thank you for keeping us posted along with Pam. I am so happy mom is doing ok. I am hoping to hear real soon that she is enjoying some pain relief! Tell her we care about her and are continuing our prayers and best wishes for her. I also send a hug for your whole family as you all struggle together to make it a positive outcome! LOVE TO YOU !

Suzanne D on 5/13/02 at 15:35 (083720)

It is good to continue reading reports about Laurie! May God bless and heal her.

Angel R on 5/12/02 at 23:08 (083671)

Hello everyone, I want to start off by saying how sorry I am for not posting the last few days.I know you are all eager to know whats going on with my Mom.Thing's have been a bit crazy for me the last few days.I think everyone's still adjusting (especially my mom!).Thank you to Pam, and Janet they were both accurate on everything that was said.My mom is still trying to adjust to the morphine.She see's her PM doctor tomorrow AM he is the one that will adjust the morphine.That's going through her around the clock through, the pump.It was a bit much for her at first,she's doing a little better with it though.She's just very very tired, and in pain.

She is to just stay iff her foot and lay around for the next few weeks.We will give you an update tomorrow on how her PM appt. went.Everything is just really taking a lot out of her.Thank you to all who sent cards and e-mail's it means a lot to my mom.We all really apprictae you loving thoughts and prayers.Much Love to all!Hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day!

Janet C on 5/13/02 at 00:29 (083674)

Oh Angel - you don't have to be sorry, sweetie, we all understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family right now. I am extremely impressed by how mature you are, and I think that you are doing a wonderful job not only keeping all of us informed about your mom's welfare, but also with all the extra duties that are necessary of you while your mom recovers.

I hope your mom had a happy Mothers' Day today despite her situation. We all know she's a special woman with a heart of gold, and she deserves all the happiness in the world. Have faith that this trying time will soon be past, and your mom will be her wonderful, healthy self again.

Can you give her an extra gentle hug from me? Thank you for all that you do!

Blessings to you and your family ~ Janet

Tammie on 5/13/02 at 10:42 (083697)

Angel thank you for keeping us posted along with Pam. I am so happy mom is doing ok. I am hoping to hear real soon that she is enjoying some pain relief! Tell her we care about her and are continuing our prayers and best wishes for her. I also send a hug for your whole family as you all struggle together to make it a positive outcome! LOVE TO YOU !

Suzanne D on 5/13/02 at 15:35 (083720)

It is good to continue reading reports about Laurie! May God bless and heal her.