Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Imagine Cat Hissing sound

Posted by Carmen on 5/13/02 at 08:28 (083686)

That's how I feel today.
hissss!
My big toe is driving me to the loony bin...and fast.
The orthotics are bothering me now too. Perfect.
Iwroe birks for two days (had to...had nothing else) and they were fine. Today? HATE them.
Can't decide if the ESWT is going to work for me or not....can't figure out if I want to pay the $450.00 (I know it's not much...but I am relocating to another state....paying lots of money right now so it's alot trust me) and I am just plain aggravated. Sometimes it's tough to be positive all the tiem...so today? I am going to be negative if the feeling arises.
OH Look! There it is...arghhh...
;ob

Re: Imagine Cat Hissing sound

D.Thomas on 5/13/02 at 09:56 (083694)

Carmen,

When I started my massage therapy, it was a hard two weeks. It actually got worse before it got any better. I am just a little better as we speak. Bascially if she is doing what I think she is for you, then she is reinjurying the area. That is going to create pain and inflammation and nothing will feel comfortable. What has helped me is icing, compression and trying to take it easy to let them heal given the reinjury. I ice BIG TIME right after the massage.
If I were you I would go for the ESWT. Believe me, I understand the money situation. I will probably have to pay out of my own pocket when I got to Detroit and see Dr. Manoli and BG, but I have to do it.

Hang in there Carmen!

Tammie on 5/13/02 at 10:40 (083696)

I hear you Carmen maybe all our friends her can get a whole wing and at a decreased rate and make it sound proof so we can scream yell and cry all we want with out bothering anyone else! Now really tho I do hope things work out for you and as everyone tells us here one day at a time and one step dont look to tomorrow till today is done.As for the ESWT is your saneness and life worth 450 ? I think so you may not have 450 to decorate but you may have your feet better and then you will get that 450 back again! Love to you and I do hope this all works out for you and you tell us soon guess what I am the happy feet woman now! Yes positive is hard to stay with for a long time but if you take one little step a day it may give you the positive feeling that you are doing something! Julie is great as her soothing voice should be put together with reading stories as she has a beautiful voice.Take care ! Hugs to you as you meet the challenge head on!

Suzanne D on 5/13/02 at 14:56 (083714)

Yes, Carmen, sometimes it IS tough to be positive all the time! I'm sorry you're feeling down today and I understand. I paid more for my Birks than any shoes I've ever owned and it was such a blow when they didn't feel good any more. It's always a challenge, isn't it? Of course life is in general, and most days I'm up to it, but then there are other days... :-)

I hope something good happens for you today and that the day ends with you feeling better than it started!!

Thinking of you,
Suzanne

Nancy N on 5/13/02 at 16:07 (083722)

Carmen--

Just my two cents, but if I had the chance to take the ESWT gamble for $450 rather than ten times that much (or more), I'd do everything I could to do it no matter what other financial obligations I had. If you save your money and are still in pain--you're still in pain! And the next time you want to try it, it'll cost you a lot more.

Like I said, that's just my take on it, your mileage may vary. But it would be worth it to me to try under those circumstances. Good luck, regardless of what you decide.

Carmen on 5/13/02 at 17:43 (083733)

I am doing it... My cut is $300. I go in Weds morning. Right foot is the worst so the right will get treated.....
I am getting rid of this $500+ month Cobra insurance after I get outta Dodge though! Well actually Georgia....but you get the meaning.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/13/02 at 18:40 (083740)

GOOD!! I was going to title this post 'PAY IT, JUST PAY IT!!' (grin)

If you didn't, you'd be kicking yourself for years. That's an unheard of low price for ESWT. And you're right; you can find the money somewhere if you look.

Good luck on your ESWT!! I sure hope they find the right spot and that it helps lots. :)

Carole C

Nancy N on 5/13/02 at 20:20 (083753)

OK, so you are only having the right foot done? Do they think that the left will get better once your right foot is better? Or is this a money-savng thing, or am I just confused?

Just checking! Glad to hear you're going for it, though.

linda a on 5/13/02 at 20:44 (083758)

hello carmen ! sounds like you made the right decision . plus at the end of the year you can take it off your Taxes , that is if you have enough money in medical expenses . make all the cat sounds you can make to emotionally feel the pain . hope your toe gets to feelin better . linda (Ky)

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 07:30 (083800)

Just the right foot since my time slot only was for one foot...most of the trial people don't have it bilaterally. To be honest...my left foot hardly ever hurts.
So I think with all I have done conservatively it's gotten better.

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 07:33 (083801)

Well we have the money.....this job has given us all kinds of freedoms BUT I am in that mode (you know the one where you struggle and struggle to pay bills...every dollar you spend you think about and worry over....)and am not quite used to having these options open to make decisions about. My husband said 'Hell Babe go for it!'
I hope I keep that frame of mind about money...so we never get in a debt situation again. I was in WAY over my head about 5 yrs ago....talk about scary.
Can't imagine if all this foot stuff had happened to me then. ;O)
So yes Carole...I'm 'PAYING IT!!' ;o)
ha ha

JudyS on 5/14/02 at 15:43 (083860)

All right Carmen! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Now remember, you may not feel results immediately - in fact, you probably won't. But you'll be surprised when it does start feeling better because it'll sneak up on you. Good luck! Best wishes!

Re: Thanks all! Off to ESWT tomorrow!

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 16:00 (083866)

My appt. is tomorrow morning 9:30.
I am looking forward to getting it done.
I will be patient with the healing process...lord knows I have been forthe past year!!!!
:o)
Thanks for everyone's wishes....I am done hissing like a cat and feeling sorry for myself. i am still in the same spot I was yesterday so I can see that it doesn't do any good to wallow. ;o)

Re: Best luck, Carmen

Julie on 5/14/02 at 16:14 (083871)

I very much hope that this works for you.

Enjoy tomorrow! :)

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 16:18 (083873)

Carmen,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hoping for 100% recovery!!

-- Sharon

nancy s. on 5/14/02 at 19:08 (083908)

best of luck to you, carmen! i hope this leads you UP a good path.
nancy

Tammie on 5/14/02 at 20:07 (083919)

Heh Carmen think of all those $$$$$$$$$$$$ you will maybe save on time searching for answers if this works for you , you will be so happy you can celebrate with maybe a presant to your hubby and you did I hear spring is a good time for babies? Or something about spring fever? You will be relocating and a new home and fixed feet well sounds pretty good then the next could be babies make 3! In any case good Luck !!! Will be praying for you.

Suzanne D on 5/14/02 at 21:32 (083935)

Dear Carmen,
You have researched and been diligent with all the conservative treatments and more...And you have been very helpful to others in the process. May tomorrow be the start of something very good for you!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
Suzanne

Re: For Tomorrow...

Rich on 5/14/02 at 21:52 (083948)

Carmen...good luck tomorrow! If I had the chance to get ESWT for your cost, you'd have to get in line behind me! I was quoted yesterday $2500 for one foot on the dornier. Still thinking.....

Necee on 5/15/02 at 01:35 (083982)

Good luck Carmen!
I've been wanting to get ESWT for a year now. I hope that it relieves your pain and you can get on with your life.
All the best, let us know how it goes.
Necee

Carmen on 5/15/02 at 07:26 (083993)

Thank you for your thoughts everyone....I will be thinking of you all...and will let you know how it goes.
I am looking forward to the day off of responsibilties today.
Resting and relaxing.

D.Thomas on 5/13/02 at 09:56 (083694)

Carmen,

When I started my massage therapy, it was a hard two weeks. It actually got worse before it got any better. I am just a little better as we speak. Bascially if she is doing what I think she is for you, then she is reinjurying the area. That is going to create pain and inflammation and nothing will feel comfortable. What has helped me is icing, compression and trying to take it easy to let them heal given the reinjury. I ice BIG TIME right after the massage.
If I were you I would go for the ESWT. Believe me, I understand the money situation. I will probably have to pay out of my own pocket when I got to Detroit and see Dr. Manoli and BG, but I have to do it.

Hang in there Carmen!

Tammie on 5/13/02 at 10:40 (083696)

I hear you Carmen maybe all our friends her can get a whole wing and at a decreased rate and make it sound proof so we can scream yell and cry all we want with out bothering anyone else! Now really tho I do hope things work out for you and as everyone tells us here one day at a time and one step dont look to tomorrow till today is done.As for the ESWT is your saneness and life worth 450 ? I think so you may not have 450 to decorate but you may have your feet better and then you will get that 450 back again! Love to you and I do hope this all works out for you and you tell us soon guess what I am the happy feet woman now! Yes positive is hard to stay with for a long time but if you take one little step a day it may give you the positive feeling that you are doing something! Julie is great as her soothing voice should be put together with reading stories as she has a beautiful voice.Take care ! Hugs to you as you meet the challenge head on!

Suzanne D on 5/13/02 at 14:56 (083714)

Yes, Carmen, sometimes it IS tough to be positive all the time! I'm sorry you're feeling down today and I understand. I paid more for my Birks than any shoes I've ever owned and it was such a blow when they didn't feel good any more. It's always a challenge, isn't it? Of course life is in general, and most days I'm up to it, but then there are other days... :-)

I hope something good happens for you today and that the day ends with you feeling better than it started!!

Thinking of you,
Suzanne

Nancy N on 5/13/02 at 16:07 (083722)

Carmen--

Just my two cents, but if I had the chance to take the ESWT gamble for $450 rather than ten times that much (or more), I'd do everything I could to do it no matter what other financial obligations I had. If you save your money and are still in pain--you're still in pain! And the next time you want to try it, it'll cost you a lot more.

Like I said, that's just my take on it, your mileage may vary. But it would be worth it to me to try under those circumstances. Good luck, regardless of what you decide.

Carmen on 5/13/02 at 17:43 (083733)

I am doing it... My cut is $300. I go in Weds morning. Right foot is the worst so the right will get treated.....
I am getting rid of this $500+ month Cobra insurance after I get outta Dodge though! Well actually Georgia....but you get the meaning.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/13/02 at 18:40 (083740)

GOOD!! I was going to title this post 'PAY IT, JUST PAY IT!!' (grin)

If you didn't, you'd be kicking yourself for years. That's an unheard of low price for ESWT. And you're right; you can find the money somewhere if you look.

Good luck on your ESWT!! I sure hope they find the right spot and that it helps lots. :)

Carole C

Nancy N on 5/13/02 at 20:20 (083753)

OK, so you are only having the right foot done? Do they think that the left will get better once your right foot is better? Or is this a money-savng thing, or am I just confused?

Just checking! Glad to hear you're going for it, though.

linda a on 5/13/02 at 20:44 (083758)

hello carmen ! sounds like you made the right decision . plus at the end of the year you can take it off your Taxes , that is if you have enough money in medical expenses . make all the cat sounds you can make to emotionally feel the pain . hope your toe gets to feelin better . linda (Ky)

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 07:30 (083800)

Just the right foot since my time slot only was for one foot...most of the trial people don't have it bilaterally. To be honest...my left foot hardly ever hurts.
So I think with all I have done conservatively it's gotten better.

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 07:33 (083801)

Well we have the money.....this job has given us all kinds of freedoms BUT I am in that mode (you know the one where you struggle and struggle to pay bills...every dollar you spend you think about and worry over....)and am not quite used to having these options open to make decisions about. My husband said 'Hell Babe go for it!'
I hope I keep that frame of mind about money...so we never get in a debt situation again. I was in WAY over my head about 5 yrs ago....talk about scary.
Can't imagine if all this foot stuff had happened to me then. ;O)
So yes Carole...I'm 'PAYING IT!!' ;o)
ha ha

JudyS on 5/14/02 at 15:43 (083860)

All right Carmen! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Now remember, you may not feel results immediately - in fact, you probably won't. But you'll be surprised when it does start feeling better because it'll sneak up on you. Good luck! Best wishes!

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 16:00 (083866)

My appt. is tomorrow morning 9:30.
I am looking forward to getting it done.
I will be patient with the healing process...lord knows I have been forthe past year!!!!
Thanks for everyone's wishes....I am done hissing like a cat and feeling sorry for myself. i am still in the same spot I was yesterday so I can see that it doesn't do any good to wallow. ;o)

Re: Best luck, Carmen

Julie on 5/14/02 at 16:14 (083871)

I very much hope that this works for you.

Enjoy tomorrow! :)

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 16:18 (083873)

Carmen,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hoping for 100% recovery!!

-- Sharon

nancy s. on 5/14/02 at 19:08 (083908)

best of luck to you, carmen! i hope this leads you UP a good path.
nancy

Tammie on 5/14/02 at 20:07 (083919)

Heh Carmen think of all those $$$$$$$$$$$$ you will maybe save on time searching for answers if this works for you , you will be so happy you can celebrate with maybe a presant to your hubby and you did I hear spring is a good time for babies? Or something about spring fever? You will be relocating and a new home and fixed feet well sounds pretty good then the next could be babies make 3! In any case good Luck !!! Will be praying for you.

Suzanne D on 5/14/02 at 21:32 (083935)

Dear Carmen,
You have researched and been diligent with all the conservative treatments and more...And you have been very helpful to others in the process. May tomorrow be the start of something very good for you!

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
Suzanne

Re: For Tomorrow...

Rich on 5/14/02 at 21:52 (083948)

Carmen...good luck tomorrow! If I had the chance to get ESWT for your cost, you'd have to get in line behind me! I was quoted yesterday $2500 for one foot on the dornier. Still thinking.....

Necee on 5/15/02 at 01:35 (083982)

Good luck Carmen!
I've been wanting to get ESWT for a year now. I hope that it relieves your pain and you can get on with your life.
All the best, let us know how it goes.
Necee

Carmen on 5/15/02 at 07:26 (083993)

Thank you for your thoughts everyone....I will be thinking of you all...and will let you know how it goes.
I am looking forward to the day off of responsibilties today.
Resting and relaxing.