Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Is this unusual for tts

Posted by Daniel C. on 5/13/02 at 16:35 (083723)

Some days I feel fine and don't feel pain when walking. Other days, like today, I feel quite a bit of pain in my ankle with alot of twitching sensations, even when sitting. Also, I have not done anything more stressful on my feet on those days which I feel alot of pain. Is what I am experiencing unusual for the diagnosis of tarsal tunnel syndrome?

Thanks

Re: Is this unusual for tts

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/14/02 at 05:58 (083794)

Daniel:

That is not unusual. You can experience twitching, shoting, stabbing and some times radiating type pain. If you percuss over the nerve does it feel as if the sensations are shoting?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 07:41 (083804)

Daniel,

What you described fits what happens with me. Especially the part about having days when you just get nerve pain 'out of the blue,' for no reason that makes any sense at all. I think TTS is probably just LIKE that...

-- Sharon

Daniel C. on 5/14/02 at 15:07 (083857)

Yes, that does happen. Now, I am being told to go for iontophoresis and custom orthotics. Do you think Birkenstock sandals would be helpful?

Thanks for your response!

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/14/02 at 05:58 (083794)

Daniel:

That is not unusual. You can experience twitching, shoting, stabbing and some times radiating type pain. If you percuss over the nerve does it feel as if the sensations are shoting?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 07:41 (083804)

Daniel,

What you described fits what happens with me. Especially the part about having days when you just get nerve pain 'out of the blue,' for no reason that makes any sense at all. I think TTS is probably just LIKE that...

-- Sharon

Daniel C. on 5/14/02 at 15:07 (083857)

Yes, that does happen. Now, I am being told to go for iontophoresis and custom orthotics. Do you think Birkenstock sandals would be helpful?

Thanks for your response!