Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orthodic adjusted...

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 5/13/02 at 16:55 (083727)

Hello again guys,

I got my store made orthodics (the kind that are made from a computer scan) adjusted. They raised them. I had them shave off a little off of the left foot. Today, my arch area right near the edge of the foot is swollen. It was swollen before but now it is worse. This was only Saturday I had this adjustment. Ironically, I showed my swollen area on my foot to the ped and he went into the back room and raised that area.

Other parts of my feet are more comfortable. My muscles are tighter in some areas of my legs..it seems any time I have an adjustment, PAIN. I had pain the fist time I got these orthodics. I had them really take the lift out of them only to have PAIN whenever I stood for a lot time (I needed more support).

*Sigh*.

I am going to try to break into the casted orthodics my pod had made for me (well she casted my feet and a lab then made them). I bought shoes to fit those orthodics.

I am just sick of pain. Everything I do seems to cause pain.

Does anyone else have this experience? (Pain whenever your orthodic is adjusted?)

Re: Orthodic adjusted...

Ellen J. on 5/13/02 at 17:23 (083729)

Hi,
I've had that problem. I don't know if they were supposed to lower that area instead or if they did the right thing by raising it. But I guess that time will tell. If it keeps getting more and more sore, it seems like you should call and tell them soon. I agree that sometimes it seems that everything I do causes pain. It is so frustrating and depressing. The worst is at night when I have dreams about my feet and then wake up with anxiety attacks, wondering if my feet will ever heal.
Anyway, it seems like your pod should know that the adjustment caused pain and you might ask how long to give it before making another change.
Good luck. I'm sorry you have swollen arches. I do too right now, and I found that icing helped bring the swelling down alot!
Ellen J.

Re: I got me a lil' blue ice pad thing from Rubbermaid...

Mahatmelissama on 5/13/02 at 17:34 (083730)

Used this at my brother's house last night so much that my niece wanted to help (she held the ice on my each of my feet). That was kind of cute.

The all let me take it...and it is in my car right now. Gotta wash it off and then put it in the freezer. It works better than peas!

Re: Orthodic adjusted...

Ellen J. on 5/13/02 at 17:23 (083729)

Hi,
I've had that problem. I don't know if they were supposed to lower that area instead or if they did the right thing by raising it. But I guess that time will tell. If it keeps getting more and more sore, it seems like you should call and tell them soon. I agree that sometimes it seems that everything I do causes pain. It is so frustrating and depressing. The worst is at night when I have dreams about my feet and then wake up with anxiety attacks, wondering if my feet will ever heal.
Anyway, it seems like your pod should know that the adjustment caused pain and you might ask how long to give it before making another change.
Good luck. I'm sorry you have swollen arches. I do too right now, and I found that icing helped bring the swelling down alot!
Ellen J.

Re: I got me a lil' blue ice pad thing from Rubbermaid...

Mahatmelissama on 5/13/02 at 17:34 (083730)

Used this at my brother's house last night so much that my niece wanted to help (she held the ice on my each of my feet). That was kind of cute.

The all let me take it...and it is in my car right now. Gotta wash it off and then put it in the freezer. It works better than peas!