Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Casting

Posted by Joyce on 5/13/02 at 20:23 (083754)

I just went to my doc, and he says as soon as my soccer season is over, he is going to inject me again, and put me in a cast for like 4 weeks for my PF, is this a good idea??

Re: Casting

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/14/02 at 05:57 (083793)

Joyce:

Casting can help. My question for you is what other treatments have you had done? How long is your pf going on?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Joyce on 5/14/02 at 13:21 (083844)

Here this is a post i sent a few days ago, and bunch of people responded, but I just copied it and pasted it for you to see, i listed what i have done to treat it and stuff.

Please someone come up with an answer for me. I am 18 and a female, and have had plantars Fascitis for over a year and a half now. I have done everything, including: I wear night splint every night, (gone through 2 different ones)I have had 3 cortizon injections (already!), i have had 3 different types of orthotics made for me, I think I may have tried every single heel cup out there, I have had the trainer tape my foot in thousands of differet ways, I have had ultrasound for months, Electric stim. also, I ice ( tried all the methods, ice pack, golfball, ice cups, ect.) and heat, stretch the caves and the achilles area, physical therapy, i took 2 complete weeks off of all activity. NOTHING HAS WORKED! I am sure i have even left out some of the stuff i have tried. I have had an MRI to rule out anything wrong with the achilles area. I am going crazy. I can't take anymore time off because i am a senior in high school on the soccer team, and like this is going o sound like i have an ego or something but i don't but i am one of the best in the state, I am playing on a scholarship in college next year, and i can barely make it through a practice or a game, the pain gets so bad, all i do is limp and like walk on the outside of my foot to avoid it, i have seen 2 foot doctors and 2 orthopedics. I am scared i won't make it through my season, or let alone be able ot play in college, i have been searcihng for answers for ever. Please answer me!

Dr. J. Cione on 5/14/02 at 17:41 (083890)

Well it definitely seems that you exhuasted all the conservative treatment that is available for Plantar Fascitiis. I think you should look into other procedures that can be done such as ESWT before you contemplate any surgery. Cast immobilization can help. It seems that you have a resistant case of Plantar fascitiis. Did you look into ESWT? If so, what did you think?

Joyce on 5/15/02 at 14:09 (084040)

Yeah-my family can not afford it

AndrewS on 5/15/02 at 23:07 (084103)

Find the money! I had it 6 weeks ago. Starting to see some relief. NOt nearly pain free, but a lot less. I too had tried everything you tried. Casting was a waste for me. Felt fine while in the cast, until a day later when it was back to before. Save up or finance it. OR go to Canada where it is cheaper.

Dr. John Cozzarelli on 5/14/02 at 05:57 (083793)

Joyce:

Casting can help. My question for you is what other treatments have you had done? How long is your pf going on?

Dr. John Cozzarelli

Joyce on 5/14/02 at 13:21 (083844)

Here this is a post i sent a few days ago, and bunch of people responded, but I just copied it and pasted it for you to see, i listed what i have done to treat it and stuff.

Please someone come up with an answer for me. I am 18 and a female, and have had plantars Fascitis for over a year and a half now. I have done everything, including: I wear night splint every night, (gone through 2 different ones)I have had 3 cortizon injections (already!), i have had 3 different types of orthotics made for me, I think I may have tried every single heel cup out there, I have had the trainer tape my foot in thousands of differet ways, I have had ultrasound for months, Electric stim. also, I ice ( tried all the methods, ice pack, golfball, ice cups, ect.) and heat, stretch the caves and the achilles area, physical therapy, i took 2 complete weeks off of all activity. NOTHING HAS WORKED! I am sure i have even left out some of the stuff i have tried. I have had an MRI to rule out anything wrong with the achilles area. I am going crazy. I can't take anymore time off because i am a senior in high school on the soccer team, and like this is going o sound like i have an ego or something but i don't but i am one of the best in the state, I am playing on a scholarship in college next year, and i can barely make it through a practice or a game, the pain gets so bad, all i do is limp and like walk on the outside of my foot to avoid it, i have seen 2 foot doctors and 2 orthopedics. I am scared i won't make it through my season, or let alone be able ot play in college, i have been searcihng for answers for ever. Please answer me!

Dr. J. Cione on 5/14/02 at 17:41 (083890)

Well it definitely seems that you exhuasted all the conservative treatment that is available for Plantar Fascitiis. I think you should look into other procedures that can be done such as ESWT before you contemplate any surgery. Cast immobilization can help. It seems that you have a resistant case of Plantar fascitiis. Did you look into ESWT? If so, what did you think?

Joyce on 5/15/02 at 14:09 (084040)

Yeah-my family can not afford it

AndrewS on 5/15/02 at 23:07 (084103)

Find the money! I had it 6 weeks ago. Starting to see some relief. NOt nearly pain free, but a lot less. I too had tried everything you tried. Casting was a waste for me. Felt fine while in the cast, until a day later when it was back to before. Save up or finance it. OR go to Canada where it is cheaper.