Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

necee----- i know that you live in Texas . do you know anything about the hospital MD Anderson and the Herman hospital ?

Posted by linda a on 5/13/02 at 20:30 (083756)

hello Necee ! i was wondering if you knew anything about these two hospitals . you see my neighbor's grandson has been there since april 30 th . he's around 10 yrs old and has cancer ( osteosarcoma ) . the hospitals around the Louisville area (TNN & IND )did not give him any hope . he did have surgery last yr for hip surgery , but now the cancer has spread to the pubic bone , and rectum . there is a surgeon at MD Anderson who is giving the family hope and i was wondering what kind of place is this . is this a big research place ? oh if you like to see KYLE's web page it is http://www.caringbridge.com/ky/kylepratt please say a little prayer for him . linda (Ky)

Re: necee----- i know that you live in Texas . do you know anything about the hospital MD Anderson and the Herman hospital ?

Carole C in NOLA on 5/13/02 at 20:53 (083763)

I don't live in Texas any more, but lived in College Station for 13 years. From what I understand MD Anderson is indeed a big research hospital and a top-notch, world reknowned cancer center.

Hermann hospital is another big hospital but I don't know anything about it.

Carole C

Re: I do Linda

SuzanneK on 5/13/02 at 21:38 (083767)

One of my brothers died from malignant melanome. After his diagnosis, he was treated at MD Anderson. I can honestly say that it is a forerunner in cancer research. Every doctor and nurse that we encountered was awesome - really had a great bedside manner and showed compassion for Lee and our family. I highly recommend them.

Suzanne in San Antonio TX

Re: necee----- i know that you live in Texas . do you know anything about the hospital MD Anderson and the Herman hospital ?

Sharon W on 5/13/02 at 22:09 (083772)

Linda,

Carole and Suzanne are correct; MD Anderson is a well-known and VERY well-reputed facility.

-- Sharon

john h on 5/14/02 at 17:07 (083883)

MD Anderson for some types of cancer is probably the best in the world. Much research goes on there.

Carole C in NOLA on 5/13/02 at 20:53 (083763)

I don't live in Texas any more, but lived in College Station for 13 years. From what I understand MD Anderson is indeed a big research hospital and a top-notch, world reknowned cancer center.

Hermann hospital is another big hospital but I don't know anything about it.

Carole C

Re: I do Linda

SuzanneK on 5/13/02 at 21:38 (083767)

One of my brothers died from malignant melanome. After his diagnosis, he was treated at MD Anderson. I can honestly say that it is a forerunner in cancer research. Every doctor and nurse that we encountered was awesome - really had a great bedside manner and showed compassion for Lee and our family. I highly recommend them.

Suzanne in San Antonio TX

Sharon W on 5/13/02 at 22:09 (083772)

Linda,

Carole and Suzanne are correct; MD Anderson is a well-known and VERY well-reputed facility.

-- Sharon

john h on 5/14/02 at 17:07 (083883)

MD Anderson for some types of cancer is probably the best in the world. Much research goes on there.