Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

THANK YOU TO ALL AND A LITTLE UPDATE

Posted by Laurie R on 5/13/02 at 22:23 (083775)

Hi to Everyone , This will be short as I can't sit here for to long , plus I am still trying to adjust to the morphine .... Well tomorrow makes one week since my two surgeries. I saw my Pod three days after surgery and he changed my dressings and made sure everything was ok ... I saw my PM doctor today and he checked on my catheter and made sure I did not have anyu signs of infections with the epidural catheter. It is very important they keep a close eye on the catheter. I did have a rash from all the tape holding the catheter in place. They changed it to cloth tape . It is feeling better...

I want to thank each and everyone of you for all your cards and emails and support and love . You have no idea how it has made me feel to know all of you are still with me through all of this .... I am really dropped up most of the time , it is controling my pain , so that is the most important thing . The first three days were the worst with the morphine . But it is getting better. I sleep a lot ...

So much I want to tell you , but for now this is all I can do ... I mostly wanted to say thank you to everyone ....

My Pod said that the surgery went really well , I will see him again this Friday to get out all the stitches in my ankle and foot ... I also have stitches in my spine and my hip holding the catheter..

My hubby Rico has been so veryy wonderful , this man makes sure I don't do a thing , and I mean nothing , the kids have been great also ...

Thank you again , Pam was kind enough to do the updates here.... Thank you again for caring about me . It means more to me then I can even say ...

Much love to all , Laurie R

Re: THANK YOU TO ALL AND A LITTLE UPDATE

Janet C on 5/13/02 at 23:49 (083776)

Dearest Laurie,

It's so good to see you online again! We all have missed you so very much! And I'm so glad that your wonderful family is making sure you don't do anything. Continue to get your rest, and allow your body to heal. I think it's so important for you to stay down, so that your body doesn't create more scar tissue in your foot.

I'm sure that this entire ordeal must be really difficult for you. But rest assured that it will soon be all over, and you'll be strolling along the beach, just as you've dreamed... feeling the warm sun against your skin, the fresh, salty breeze blowing through your hair, the soft sand between your toes, and hearing the crashing surf as it laps upon the shore.

We all continue to keep you in our thoughts, our hearts, and our prayers.

Take care of yourself, sweet friend!

With Love Always ~ Janet

Julie on 5/14/02 at 02:31 (083784)

Laurie, welcome back! It's wonderful to see your name on the board again. Angel and Rico and Pam have been terrific in keeping us informed about you, and it sounds as though you're doing really well. We all look forward to the day when you can sit at your keyboard for as long as you like, and talk to us for as long as you like. Meanwhile keep snug, let everything be done for you, and heal quickly.

Lots of love

Julie

lisa k on 5/14/02 at 02:32 (083785)

So Good to hear Good news take care and thanks for sharing, Lisa k

Re: Sounds like you're doing great!

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 07:22 (083798)

Laurie,

Good to see your post. Everything sounds really positive and I am SO glad Rico isn't letting you do anything! You have a very special, supportive family. Hang in there and keep us posted when you can.

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 07:35 (083802)

Yea for Laurie!!!!
Hello!!!! I am so glad you are doing well....now get off the computer!!! ;o)
we love you

wendyn on 5/14/02 at 07:59 (083806)

All the bsest Laurie, thinking of you every day!!!!

Suzanne D on 5/14/02 at 11:48 (083840)

Same here, Laurie! It was SO good to see a post from you!!

Still thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers,
Suzanne :-)

JudyS on 5/14/02 at 15:46 (083861)

Laurie how lovely to see your name here! Thank you so much for the effort......now get back to that sofa, young lady!

BrianG on 5/14/02 at 17:36 (083888)

Thanks for the update, Laurie. This one sounds like it's going to take more recovery time than most. Glad you have the family backing you, it will make a big difference in your healing.

Good luck
BrianG

Lisa G on 5/14/02 at 18:52 (083903)

yayyyyyy laurie...glad things are going so well!

lisa

Anthony P on 5/14/02 at 19:18 (083911)

Glad to see your post , Laurie Good to see things are going well As always your in my prayers Anthony P

Re: Laurie it feels like coming home to see your name

Tammie on 5/14/02 at 19:58 (083917)

Laurie So good to see your name here it feels just like coming home! I hope to keep hearing good things for you our friend remember that date with the big guy he said he was sure he gave you the best in Dr.s and had all of his angels eyes on you! Now get back to healing and enjoying a good rest! Hope to see you back posting soon! Love to you and a great big hug to!

Re: Good to see your post

Rich on 5/14/02 at 21:43 (083945)

Hi Laurie, it was so good to see your post. I will keep this short, just wanted to say your hubby and children sound so wonderfully supportive! You are truly blessed!

Keep up the healing!

Rich

Valerie S on 5/14/02 at 22:32 (083960)

Glad to see you up enough to drop us a note. We all love you and are can't wait to watch your progress as you get better and better! We miss you, now get back in bed! :)

Janet C on 5/13/02 at 23:49 (083776)

Dearest Laurie,

It's so good to see you online again! We all have missed you so very much! And I'm so glad that your wonderful family is making sure you don't do anything. Continue to get your rest, and allow your body to heal. I think it's so important for you to stay down, so that your body doesn't create more scar tissue in your foot.

I'm sure that this entire ordeal must be really difficult for you. But rest assured that it will soon be all over, and you'll be strolling along the beach, just as you've dreamed... feeling the warm sun against your skin, the fresh, salty breeze blowing through your hair, the soft sand between your toes, and hearing the crashing surf as it laps upon the shore.

We all continue to keep you in our thoughts, our hearts, and our prayers.

Take care of yourself, sweet friend!

With Love Always ~ Janet

Julie on 5/14/02 at 02:31 (083784)

Laurie, welcome back! It's wonderful to see your name on the board again. Angel and Rico and Pam have been terrific in keeping us informed about you, and it sounds as though you're doing really well. We all look forward to the day when you can sit at your keyboard for as long as you like, and talk to us for as long as you like. Meanwhile keep snug, let everything be done for you, and heal quickly.

Lots of love

Julie

lisa k on 5/14/02 at 02:32 (083785)

So Good to hear Good news take care and thanks for sharing, Lisa k

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 07:22 (083798)

Laurie,

Good to see your post. Everything sounds really positive and I am SO glad Rico isn't letting you do anything! You have a very special, supportive family. Hang in there and keep us posted when you can.

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 07:35 (083802)

Yea for Laurie!!!!
Hello!!!! I am so glad you are doing well....now get off the computer!!! ;o)
we love you

wendyn on 5/14/02 at 07:59 (083806)

All the bsest Laurie, thinking of you every day!!!!

Suzanne D on 5/14/02 at 11:48 (083840)

Same here, Laurie! It was SO good to see a post from you!!

Still thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers,
Suzanne :-)

JudyS on 5/14/02 at 15:46 (083861)

Laurie how lovely to see your name here! Thank you so much for the effort......now get back to that sofa, young lady!

BrianG on 5/14/02 at 17:36 (083888)

Thanks for the update, Laurie. This one sounds like it's going to take more recovery time than most. Glad you have the family backing you, it will make a big difference in your healing.

Good luck
BrianG

Lisa G on 5/14/02 at 18:52 (083903)

yayyyyyy laurie...glad things are going so well!

lisa

Anthony P on 5/14/02 at 19:18 (083911)

Glad to see your post , Laurie Good to see things are going well As always your in my prayers Anthony P

Re: Laurie it feels like coming home to see your name

Tammie on 5/14/02 at 19:58 (083917)

Laurie So good to see your name here it feels just like coming home! I hope to keep hearing good things for you our friend remember that date with the big guy he said he was sure he gave you the best in Dr.s and had all of his angels eyes on you! Now get back to healing and enjoying a good rest! Hope to see you back posting soon! Love to you and a great big hug to!

Re: Good to see your post

Rich on 5/14/02 at 21:43 (083945)

Hi Laurie, it was so good to see your post. I will keep this short, just wanted to say your hubby and children sound so wonderfully supportive! You are truly blessed!

Keep up the healing!

Rich

Valerie S on 5/14/02 at 22:32 (083960)

Glad to see you up enough to drop us a note. We all love you and are can't wait to watch your progress as you get better and better! We miss you, now get back in bed! :)