Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Myofascial release information-good reading

Posted by Carmen on 5/14/02 at 13:30 (083845)

http://www.myofascial-release.com/
All kinds of good information for different syndromes.....PF, Carpal Tunnel, Fibro., etc.

Re: Carmen

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 13:47 (083846)

Carmen,

You come up with the COOLEST THINGS!! :o))

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 15:11 (083858)

I hope it's helpful. The ART is essentially similar to the Myofascial release but probably with deeper penetration into the deep muscles.
It has done wonders for my glutes & hamstrings.

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 16:14 (083870)

Carmen,

Yesterday was my last session with PT doing the ultrasound. The PT wants to try to get my pod to renew her scrip for PT for a couple more weeks, and this time do some 'crossfiber' massage. Do you know anything about THAT, or whether it does any good?

-- Sharon

Re: Myofascial release information-good reading

Rich on 5/14/02 at 21:37 (083938)

This was really interesting!

Carmen on 5/15/02 at 07:24 (083992)

I don't know a while lot about cross friction massage...this may help.
Honestly the cross fiber to ME seems like just a different type of massage whereas ART and Myofascial release are a deeper 'release' of the restricted fascia....which as we know restriction keeps oxygen from flowing, blood from circulating properly etc. Both of which are essential to healing.

'Cross Fiber Frictioning focuses on treatment of soft tissue sprains and strains. When a muscle, tendon or ligament is overused or injured it can fray like a rope. The body sends mending fiber to the area which fills and glues the fray. Unfortunately the fiber is indiscriminant and adheres to other surfaces which can restrict movement. Cross fiber frictioning aligns the fiber with that of the mending soft tissue and releases the unwanted adhesions.

Lucia Morgan, Kim Draper, Guy Bedau

Re: Carmen :)

Sharon W on 5/15/02 at 08:05 (083999)

Wow, Carmen, where did you find THAT? I TRIED to look it up...

You're GOOD!

-- Sharon

Barbara S on 5/15/02 at 11:03 (084016)

Thanks Carmen This is Barbara S. I had my TTS on 4/22/2002. I am not having good comunication with the surgeon, so I called my Pod. on Friday and he called me back Mon and I am going to see him this afternoon. I have been seeing him since April 2000, so I have a good relationship with him and he is easy to talk with. SO I am going to ask him about this for part of my rehab. I still am non weight bearing until 5/21/2002 when I see the surgeon again. Thanks again Have a great Day God Bless You. Barbara S.

Carmen on 5/16/02 at 07:50 (084122)

Keep us posted...You are lucky to have a good relationship with your doc.
That's important!

Carmen on 5/16/02 at 07:51 (084123)

Ancient Chinese Secret. :o)
Seriously?
I have a research method that involves a lot of narrowing down...

Re: Carmen : Cross-fiber frictioning

Sharon W on 5/16/02 at 08:29 (084124)

Carmen,

My pod signed the scrip and insurance OK'd the cross-fiber. I'm supposed to start Friday, so I guess I'll FIND OUT whether or not it's helpful at all.

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/16/02 at 12:43 (084161)

Keep us posted!
I am off to ART tomorrow...working on everything but that ESWT foot.

Sharon W on 5/16/02 at 12:46 (084162)

Carmen,

I didn't think about that; I guess your ART therapist can't really do anything to the ART foot right now... Will you have to wait 12 weeks?!

-- Sharon

Re: OOps! Did it again...

Sharon W on 5/16/02 at 13:25 (084165)

One more time (I'm a real fumble-fingers):

I guess your ART therapist can't really do anything to the ESWT foot right now...

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/17/02 at 07:34 (084265)

Actually she will just avoid the foot while it is tender...then proceed with very gentle massage...if any at all. I feel like ART is bascially the same thing as ESWT in the way they are manually breaking up the adhesions....so it is probably fine.
To tell the truth the work she does on my hamstrings and glutes is soooo worth the trip and eventually it will help my feet anyway.
So I can't lose!
;O)

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 13:47 (083846)

Carmen,

You come up with the COOLEST THINGS!! :o))

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/14/02 at 15:11 (083858)

I hope it's helpful. The ART is essentially similar to the Myofascial release but probably with deeper penetration into the deep muscles.
It has done wonders for my glutes & hamstrings.

Sharon W on 5/14/02 at 16:14 (083870)

Carmen,

Yesterday was my last session with PT doing the ultrasound. The PT wants to try to get my pod to renew her scrip for PT for a couple more weeks, and this time do some 'crossfiber' massage. Do you know anything about THAT, or whether it does any good?

-- Sharon

Rich on 5/14/02 at 21:37 (083938)

This was really interesting!

Carmen on 5/15/02 at 07:24 (083992)

I don't know a while lot about cross friction massage...this may help.
Honestly the cross fiber to ME seems like just a different type of massage whereas ART and Myofascial release are a deeper 'release' of the restricted fascia....which as we know restriction keeps oxygen from flowing, blood from circulating properly etc. Both of which are essential to healing.

'Cross Fiber Frictioning focuses on treatment of soft tissue sprains and strains. When a muscle, tendon or ligament is overused or injured it can fray like a rope. The body sends mending fiber to the area which fills and glues the fray. Unfortunately the fiber is indiscriminant and adheres to other surfaces which can restrict movement. Cross fiber frictioning aligns the fiber with that of the mending soft tissue and releases the unwanted adhesions.

Lucia Morgan, Kim Draper, Guy Bedau

Sharon W on 5/15/02 at 08:05 (083999)

Wow, Carmen, where did you find THAT? I TRIED to look it up...

You're GOOD!

-- Sharon

Barbara S on 5/15/02 at 11:03 (084016)

Thanks Carmen This is Barbara S. I had my TTS on 4/22/2002. I am not having good comunication with the surgeon, so I called my Pod. on Friday and he called me back Mon and I am going to see him this afternoon. I have been seeing him since April 2000, so I have a good relationship with him and he is easy to talk with. SO I am going to ask him about this for part of my rehab. I still am non weight bearing until 5/21/2002 when I see the surgeon again. Thanks again Have a great Day God Bless You. Barbara S.

Carmen on 5/16/02 at 07:50 (084122)

Keep us posted...You are lucky to have a good relationship with your doc.
That's important!

Carmen on 5/16/02 at 07:51 (084123)

Ancient Chinese Secret. :o)
Seriously?
I have a research method that involves a lot of narrowing down...

Sharon W on 5/16/02 at 08:29 (084124)

Carmen,

My pod signed the scrip and insurance OK'd the cross-fiber. I'm supposed to start Friday, so I guess I'll FIND OUT whether or not it's helpful at all.

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/16/02 at 12:43 (084161)

Keep us posted!
I am off to ART tomorrow...working on everything but that ESWT foot.

Sharon W on 5/16/02 at 12:46 (084162)

Carmen,

I didn't think about that; I guess your ART therapist can't really do anything to the ART foot right now... Will you have to wait 12 weeks?!

-- Sharon

Re: OOps! Did it again...

Sharon W on 5/16/02 at 13:25 (084165)

One more time (I'm a real fumble-fingers):

I guess your ART therapist can't really do anything to the ESWT foot right now...

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/17/02 at 07:34 (084265)

Actually she will just avoid the foot while it is tender...then proceed with very gentle massage...if any at all. I feel like ART is bascially the same thing as ESWT in the way they are manually breaking up the adhesions....so it is probably fine.
To tell the truth the work she does on my hamstrings and glutes is soooo worth the trip and eventually it will help my feet anyway.
So I can't lose!
;O)