Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

knee surg

Posted by Lisa G on 5/14/02 at 18:57 (083907)

well...the verdict is in...i need to have surg on my knee...i fell in march...and while most of the damage is healed...it seems i tore the ACL...they are not sure how much is torn...so they'll scope it...take a look...if it is 50% or less torn...then they'll just trim off the torn part and i'm done...if it is more than 50% torn...they'll have to rebuild it...

i don't have it scheduled yet...i hope they call tomorrow...we are moving at the end of june...and while i know i won't be any where close to 100% by then...i want to have as much time to heal as possible...

i'll keep ya posted...
lisa

Re: knee surg

Tammie on 5/14/02 at 19:55 (083916)

I hope it goes well for you! Hubby recently had this done also! They choose not to repair his acl they said he is to old hahah he LOVED that as he is 45. But they did fix a trn minimus or something like that . He was doing great in a short time frame. He also has a fx tibia that they did nothing for as it was healing fine. He is all over doing all kinds of things! So take care and get it done and you will be happier.They are also discussing a knee replacement. So far so Good here so I really hope things go well for you!

Necee on 5/15/02 at 01:12 (083980)

All the best to you Lisa. I hope that if you need surgery you recover quickly and will be better than ever!
Keep in touch.
Happy trails to you.....
Necee

Tammie on 5/14/02 at 19:55 (083916)

I hope it goes well for you! Hubby recently had this done also! They choose not to repair his acl they said he is to old hahah he LOVED that as he is 45. But they did fix a trn minimus or something like that . He was doing great in a short time frame. He also has a fx tibia that they did nothing for as it was healing fine. He is all over doing all kinds of things! So take care and get it done and you will be happier.They are also discussing a knee replacement. So far so Good here so I really hope things go well for you!

Necee on 5/15/02 at 01:12 (083980)

All the best to you Lisa. I hope that if you need surgery you recover quickly and will be better than ever!
Keep in touch.
Happy trails to you.....
Necee