Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carole?

Posted by Rich on 5/14/02 at 22:25 (083958)

Hey Carole.....a progress report for you! I finally managed to do a whole program on my recumbant bike. Of course, it was the easiest with the lowest resistance, but I managed the full time. I went twenty minutes and 2.8 miles! Yeah!!

My computer setting has a pace and a coach. I finally figured that I had to slow down to match my pace with the coach. Once I did that, it was much easier to last the duration of the program. The resistance changes, from a 1 to a 5 several times but it wasn't difficult at all. It also measures pulse (BPM), calories burned, fat calories burned, etc. It can be connected to a PC or to a VCR or CD Player. Too cool...check out ifit.com for some of the adventure videos offered.

That was this morning and my foot has been well behaved today....no problems from the exercise. It's been hell climbing out of my pool though! And this cool snap is probably going to drop the water temp again and we'll have to wait another week to swim! I'm all freckled from the weekend and have nice sore muscles to deal with!

Didn't even turn on the computer this weekend. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Rich

Re: Carole?

Carole C in NOLA on 5/14/02 at 22:31 (083959)

Wow, Rich! You are ahead of me in your biking, already. :)

Carole C

Rich on 5/14/02 at 22:33 (083961)

Probably just stubborn! I used the lowest preset program and away I went. Felt pretty good today, although sore right now.

You doing okay?

Carole C in NOLA on 5/14/02 at 22:41 (083964)

I haven't worked up to that kind of exercise, yet. Slow and steady, but I'm reaching my goals one by one. I've been so immobile that for me at this time that would be overdoing it, and I don't want to risk any more tendonitis. I did lose 4.6 pounds at Weight Watchers today, though. I am so happy about that.

Carole C

Re: That's Great!

Rich on 5/15/02 at 10:31 (084010)

Hey....4.6 pounds, that's great! It takes so much self discipline...you deserve a pat on the back!

I didn't work out this morning...but only due to time restraints. Been up and out on the road since very early. Hope to get another session in this afternoon. Feeling really good...foot is just a nagging soreness right now.

We've gotton off track the last couple of days, so I stocked up on chicken breasts and salad last night. Hubby has lost fifteen pounds...it's so easy for him! He is looking good! (well...to me for sure! LOL)

Richelle

Carole C in NOLA on 5/14/02 at 22:31 (083959)

Wow, Rich! You are ahead of me in your biking, already. :)

Carole C

Rich on 5/14/02 at 22:33 (083961)

Probably just stubborn! I used the lowest preset program and away I went. Felt pretty good today, although sore right now.

You doing okay?

Carole C in NOLA on 5/14/02 at 22:41 (083964)

I haven't worked up to that kind of exercise, yet. Slow and steady, but I'm reaching my goals one by one. I've been so immobile that for me at this time that would be overdoing it, and I don't want to risk any more tendonitis. I did lose 4.6 pounds at Weight Watchers today, though. I am so happy about that.

Carole C

Re: That's Great!

Rich on 5/15/02 at 10:31 (084010)

Hey....4.6 pounds, that's great! It takes so much self discipline...you deserve a pat on the back!

I didn't work out this morning...but only due to time restraints. Been up and out on the road since very early. Hope to get another session in this afternoon. Feeling really good...foot is just a nagging soreness right now.

We've gotton off track the last couple of days, so I stocked up on chicken breasts and salad last night. Hubby has lost fifteen pounds...it's so easy for him! He is looking good! (well...to me for sure! LOL)

Richelle