Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Carmen Re: Antiques and old stuff!

Posted by Necee on 5/14/02 at 23:13 (083972)

Hey Carmen,
I've been away from my computer for a few days and I just now read your post about antiques.
I work at and antique auction co.here in Texas, and I love antiques!
Old homestead pieces are very popular, especially hardware, mantels, light fixtures etc. Some people even collect old glass door knobs.
My husband and I salvage a lot of building material from old homes and barns. We built our little log cabin at our ranch using salvaged pine planks for the flooring, and old cedar posts from an old barn for our porch posts. The possibilities are endless!
I'd love to see your pics, you can e mail me anytime at (email removed)
If you have any questions I'll do my best to help you out.
Happy trails to you....
Necee

Re: To Carmen Re: Antiques and old stuff!

Rich on 5/15/02 at 10:56 (084015)

Hello Necee....question for you?

I have been scouring local antique shops from here to Bay St. Louis looking for a particular item. My husband was given an antique cast iron stove. I am searching for the tool that lifts the round plates off the top. It fits into a small groove and has a handle. If this makes any sense to you and you see one...please give me a holler!

Thanks!

Richelle

Necee on 5/15/02 at 11:32 (084021)

Hi Richelle,
I know exactly what you are talking about, it's the handle that hooks in and lifts the hot plates up. As a matter of fact, I just might have one here, of course it may take a few days to locate it. I had an old cast iron stove and since we were doing some remodeling I took the thing apart and stored it. If I find it I'll send it to you.
How are you doing?
Happy trails to you...
Necee

Rich on 5/15/02 at 16:22 (084051)

Necee...that would be great! Email me with the details if you find it and I will mail you a check. (email removed)

I'm having a little bit of a rough day, but for the most part I am feeling pretty good. Coming out of my cast I am having some weakness in my ankle but the heel doesn't hurt as much. Mainly sore during the day till evening, then the pain comes on and the ice comes out!! LOL

Thanks again...hubby will be so excited!

Richelle

Re: To Rich Re: Antiques and old stuff!

Necee on 5/15/02 at 17:42 (084062)

A check won't be necessary....
I'll do my best to try and locate it for you.
Hope you get to feeling better real soon, take care friend.
Happy trails...
Necee

nancy s. on 5/15/02 at 18:19 (084070)

necee and rich, i find those a lot, and just sold one in my store after it sat here for three months -- darn!

necee, if you don't find yours, let me know and i'll keep my eyes open too. whichever of us finds one first can pass it along to rich. they're not expensive, rich, so don't worry about the money. when i get one, it's usually in an auction box lot with a lot of other stuff.

nancy

JudyS on 5/15/02 at 21:25 (084095)

Rich - I'll watch for one too on my antiquing treks.

Re: Thanks all!!

Rich on 5/16/02 at 19:23 (084220)

Believe it or not...this has been an elusive little tool. Hubby wants to set stove up on patio for winter months. He's already sanded away and intends to paint it eventually.

Thank everyone!

Rich on 5/15/02 at 10:56 (084015)

Hello Necee....question for you?

I have been scouring local antique shops from here to Bay St. Louis looking for a particular item. My husband was given an antique cast iron stove. I am searching for the tool that lifts the round plates off the top. It fits into a small groove and has a handle. If this makes any sense to you and you see one...please give me a holler!

Thanks!

Richelle

Necee on 5/15/02 at 11:32 (084021)

Hi Richelle,
I know exactly what you are talking about, it's the handle that hooks in and lifts the hot plates up. As a matter of fact, I just might have one here, of course it may take a few days to locate it. I had an old cast iron stove and since we were doing some remodeling I took the thing apart and stored it. If I find it I'll send it to you.
How are you doing?
Happy trails to you...
Necee

Rich on 5/15/02 at 16:22 (084051)

Necee...that would be great! Email me with the details if you find it and I will mail you a check. (email removed)

I'm having a little bit of a rough day, but for the most part I am feeling pretty good. Coming out of my cast I am having some weakness in my ankle but the heel doesn't hurt as much. Mainly sore during the day till evening, then the pain comes on and the ice comes out!! LOL

Thanks again...hubby will be so excited!

Richelle

Necee on 5/15/02 at 17:42 (084062)

A check won't be necessary....
I'll do my best to try and locate it for you.
Hope you get to feeling better real soon, take care friend.
Happy trails...
Necee

nancy s. on 5/15/02 at 18:19 (084070)

necee and rich, i find those a lot, and just sold one in my store after it sat here for three months -- darn!

necee, if you don't find yours, let me know and i'll keep my eyes open too. whichever of us finds one first can pass it along to rich. they're not expensive, rich, so don't worry about the money. when i get one, it's usually in an auction box lot with a lot of other stuff.

nancy

JudyS on 5/15/02 at 21:25 (084095)

Rich - I'll watch for one too on my antiquing treks.

Re: Thanks all!!

Rich on 5/16/02 at 19:23 (084220)

Believe it or not...this has been an elusive little tool. Hubby wants to set stove up on patio for winter months. He's already sanded away and intends to paint it eventually.

Thank everyone!