Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

re: Ellen and cortisione injection

Posted by Jerry F. on 5/15/02 at 08:28 (084000)

Hi Ellen-

Whoops! I missed your comment a couple of weeks ago. Sorry. Yes, I do believe it was a botched injection and that the phantom pains are not really phantom pains but actual nerve damage. I just decided to call them phantom pains because it makes me feel better and really doesn't affect my running or exercise. That's why I don't recommend cortisone injections to anyone. Interesting...I didn't have that pain after the first injection, but sometime after the second I felt the sharp pain.

Re: Re:possible nerve damage

Ellen J. on 5/15/02 at 08:39 (084002)

Hi Jerry,
Well, one thing about damaged nerves is that they take awhile to heal sometimes. I found that out over time with a few different injuries. It may take quite a few months or longer, and I mention that only so that you know that it will probably go away eventually. I am so glad you are able to run again. Enjoy those beautiful spring runs!
Ellen J.

Re: Re:possible nerve damage

Ellen J. on 5/15/02 at 08:39 (084002)

Hi Jerry,
Well, one thing about damaged nerves is that they take awhile to heal sometimes. I found that out over time with a few different injuries. It may take quite a few months or longer, and I mention that only so that you know that it will probably go away eventually. I am so glad you are able to run again. Enjoy those beautiful spring runs!
Ellen J.