Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fallen Arches and Fusing Bones

Posted by Sonja on 5/15/02 at 21:32 (084097)

I am handicapped due to walking problems. My arches are severely fallen and therefore my ankles go in and that forces my knees to go in. The doctors are talking about fusing the heel bones to the two bones in front of that. Can you tell me what this is called and give me any info on it? Will it be very painful? How long until I could at least get around good enough to go to work (sit down job)? How long until 100%? Would you recommend doing 1 foot at a time or both at once?
Any help would be appreciated.