Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Linda A where are you and how are u?(EOM)

Posted by Tammie on 5/16/02 at 10:30 (084141)

worried, are you doing ok? When I have to much time on my hands this is what happens I fill up the boards!

Re: Tammie I was wondering the same thing about Linda A. (EOM)

Necee on 5/16/02 at 11:13 (084150)

Happy trails...
Necee

Re: Linda A where are you and how are u?(EOM)

linda a on 5/17/02 at 17:36 (084362)

hello to all !!! it is very hard to get used to the new sleep schedule . if you remember i started that new job in the sleep center monitoring patients. i will be training on thur , fri , and sat night from 7 pm - 7 am . however this week it changed because the girls training us went on vacation , so i worked wed, thur,and fri night . i go to bed around 8 :30 am and pretty much slept all the way to 4 pm . i just feel so drugged up because of my meds that i take for my bipolar disorder . i have to take them when i go to bed . today i did set my alarm at 2 pm so i could go to the bank . i sleep find when i come home from work , but when i am off from work that is when i have my problems ( actually it has been my whole life ) . i have problems falling asleep and staying asleep ( 4hrs of sleep all interupted sleep ) . my bipolar meds are supposed to help me sleep . now lets stop talking about sleep i am about ready to go work . i just got on my computer to do some catch up laurie's progress and deleting junk mail . now why do you have so much free time on your hands ? did your boy come home from EKU ? i just watch the weather and ky is dropping down to the fifties . thank god !i still have my flannel sheets on my bed . ha ha !!!

Tammie on 5/17/02 at 18:32 (084371)

I am glad t hear things are ok and you are adjusting to the new job! I admire u as I hate midnight shift! I tried it and filled in before and it was awful for me !I am glad things are going well for u! Take care now and keep us up with how you are doing!

Yes son is home from EKU and with this he brought us a present home . He made the Deans list both semesters We were very impressed! As before he transfered there he was unhappy and he definetly was NOT on the deans list! LOL Also his relationship with his former girl is over so we worried he would want to transfer home again , but surprise he wants to finish it out there he really truly likes it and says the whole campus is awesome! He is majoring in English Teaching! Now to get him thru the next year he is a senior but he will most likly have at least 1 and half year but most likly 2 yrs as he waited to late to declare his major and he thinks for the teaching program he will have to take that fifth year! I am happy he is content finally!

I had alot of time home that day I was on line as It was a day off work and the feet were being nasty so I just did not much of anything so propped them up on computor desk and played on putor most of day! LOL I was a bad girl! Any way take care u hear? And be good to yourself Linda!

Re: Linda...

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 13:04 (084451)

Linda, I wish you luck in your new job and hope it isn't long before you are well adjusted to your new sleep schedule. I remember when my father worked 'the graveyard shift' as he called it, and we would tiptoe around trying not to disturb him.

It DID get cool last night here in KY, didn't it? It is still cool today, but at least it's not raining!

Take care!
Suzanne

Re: Tammie...

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 13:06 (084452)

Congratulations to your son on his college achievements this past year! I am glad that he likes it here in KY at EKU. An assistant at my school who used to work with me had a daughter who graduated from there a couple of years ago. She really liked it, too.

Enjoy having him with you this summer!

Suzanne :-)

Re: Thank u!

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:33 (084479)

I am a proud momma lol sorry those things happen you understand! I am anxious to sometime vist him at Ky,when school resumes! It was sad I have been unable to go there with all the drama in my life, never a dull moment lately but someday things got to even out, and then I will enjoy a short visit .

I will enjoy him! My second child is graduating HS the first sunday of june so more things to do and he will be living at home and going to Kent college. He wants to stay in the protection of his family. Take care !

I want to add, that I see that by your posts that you are feeling happy again and I see the love and friendship and your wonderful loving descriptions of your children, as You have a whole class of YOUR children! You make me wish I could go back in time and have you to help me thru a tough time in school! You really DO make a difference! I might have even tryed harder for YOU! Hugs to you friend and continue to make us smile with your children .

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 20:06 (084508)

Tammie, you are quite observant and sensitive toward others' needs. And - as many have said - you have a very big heart! Thank you for the love and concern you show for others on this board. Many are the times that things you have said have helped to cheer me up and keep me going. You smile and care through your very deep pain, and that takes strength.

Yes, the children are so important to me. Our last day of school is May 28, and although I need some rest, I will truly MISS them!

Hugs back to you!

linda a on 5/18/02 at 23:59 (084536)

hello suzanne ! i had to turn on the heat for a little bit around 10:30 pm . FREEZING !!!! i just bought some more perennials at Meijers today only to put then inside the house . i am hoping Chico , the cat will keep his paws out of the containers . this year i am going to try my luck at growing watermelon . are you much of a gardener ? i only started last year . i think it is great therapy for me . yes, we had to tip-toe around my father ( police officer)to because every 6mo his shift would change . how many snow days did you all have to make up ? my nieces & nephews are getting out of school this week . take care . linda (ky)

Re: Tammie I was wondering the same thing about Linda A. (EOM)

Necee on 5/16/02 at 11:13 (084150)

Happy trails...
Necee

linda a on 5/17/02 at 17:36 (084362)

hello to all !!! it is very hard to get used to the new sleep schedule . if you remember i started that new job in the sleep center monitoring patients. i will be training on thur , fri , and sat night from 7 pm - 7 am . however this week it changed because the girls training us went on vacation , so i worked wed, thur,and fri night . i go to bed around 8 :30 am and pretty much slept all the way to 4 pm . i just feel so drugged up because of my meds that i take for my bipolar disorder . i have to take them when i go to bed . today i did set my alarm at 2 pm so i could go to the bank . i sleep find when i come home from work , but when i am off from work that is when i have my problems ( actually it has been my whole life ) . i have problems falling asleep and staying asleep ( 4hrs of sleep all interupted sleep ) . my bipolar meds are supposed to help me sleep . now lets stop talking about sleep i am about ready to go work . i just got on my computer to do some catch up laurie's progress and deleting junk mail . now why do you have so much free time on your hands ? did your boy come home from EKU ? i just watch the weather and ky is dropping down to the fifties . thank god !i still have my flannel sheets on my bed . ha ha !!!

Tammie on 5/17/02 at 18:32 (084371)

I am glad t hear things are ok and you are adjusting to the new job! I admire u as I hate midnight shift! I tried it and filled in before and it was awful for me !I am glad things are going well for u! Take care now and keep us up with how you are doing!

Yes son is home from EKU and with this he brought us a present home . He made the Deans list both semesters We were very impressed! As before he transfered there he was unhappy and he definetly was NOT on the deans list! LOL Also his relationship with his former girl is over so we worried he would want to transfer home again , but surprise he wants to finish it out there he really truly likes it and says the whole campus is awesome! He is majoring in English Teaching! Now to get him thru the next year he is a senior but he will most likly have at least 1 and half year but most likly 2 yrs as he waited to late to declare his major and he thinks for the teaching program he will have to take that fifth year! I am happy he is content finally!

I had alot of time home that day I was on line as It was a day off work and the feet were being nasty so I just did not much of anything so propped them up on computor desk and played on putor most of day! LOL I was a bad girl! Any way take care u hear? And be good to yourself Linda!

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 13:04 (084451)

Linda, I wish you luck in your new job and hope it isn't long before you are well adjusted to your new sleep schedule. I remember when my father worked 'the graveyard shift' as he called it, and we would tiptoe around trying not to disturb him.

It DID get cool last night here in KY, didn't it? It is still cool today, but at least it's not raining!

Take care!
Suzanne

Re: Tammie...

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 13:06 (084452)

Congratulations to your son on his college achievements this past year! I am glad that he likes it here in KY at EKU. An assistant at my school who used to work with me had a daughter who graduated from there a couple of years ago. She really liked it, too.

Enjoy having him with you this summer!

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:33 (084479)

I am a proud momma lol sorry those things happen you understand! I am anxious to sometime vist him at Ky,when school resumes! It was sad I have been unable to go there with all the drama in my life, never a dull moment lately but someday things got to even out, and then I will enjoy a short visit .

I will enjoy him! My second child is graduating HS the first sunday of june so more things to do and he will be living at home and going to Kent college. He wants to stay in the protection of his family. Take care !

I want to add, that I see that by your posts that you are feeling happy again and I see the love and friendship and your wonderful loving descriptions of your children, as You have a whole class of YOUR children! You make me wish I could go back in time and have you to help me thru a tough time in school! You really DO make a difference! I might have even tryed harder for YOU! Hugs to you friend and continue to make us smile with your children .

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 20:06 (084508)

Tammie, you are quite observant and sensitive toward others' needs. And - as many have said - you have a very big heart! Thank you for the love and concern you show for others on this board. Many are the times that things you have said have helped to cheer me up and keep me going. You smile and care through your very deep pain, and that takes strength.

Yes, the children are so important to me. Our last day of school is May 28, and although I need some rest, I will truly MISS them!

Hugs back to you!

linda a on 5/18/02 at 23:59 (084536)

hello suzanne ! i had to turn on the heat for a little bit around 10:30 pm . FREEZING !!!! i just bought some more perennials at Meijers today only to put then inside the house . i am hoping Chico , the cat will keep his paws out of the containers . this year i am going to try my luck at growing watermelon . are you much of a gardener ? i only started last year . i think it is great therapy for me . yes, we had to tip-toe around my father ( police officer)to because every 6mo his shift would change . how many snow days did you all have to make up ? my nieces & nephews are getting out of school this week . take care . linda (ky)