Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

got new doc scared but hopeful nothealing 6weeks bedrest

Posted by lisa k on 5/16/02 at 23:32 (084246)

well got a more qulified, more experienced POD and ddr. really going over my case in detail, wanted even mri images themselves spoke back and forth with radiolist and even called me jagged tear serious injury at insertion point medial inside plantar fascia just hanging on by a thread-pain still a 9 if walk without cast support-he says ossatron out for this as rare type of tear want to do surgery as quickest way to heal the foot ,,,he switched me to taping a spring pronator wrap underneath a air pump type cast walker , is lighter take off and use light stretch night split in evening pt for spasmodic caalf muscle from confinement in camwaler just tightend up didnt even realize it anyone have any common experiences with any of this thank lisak,337 and shoul be able to walk (ibelieve 3 steroid shots in 6 moths the pt w overstretching weights caused this all i had befor was nagging pf lu to ya all lisak again:)

Re: got new doc scared but hopeful nothealing 6weeks bedrest

Suzanne D on 5/17/02 at 14:31 (084331)

Dear Lisa,

I hope the new wrap and air pump cast walker will help you and that since it is lighter, it will be easier to manage. I have never been in a cam walker, but it makes sense that the muscles would tighten from confinement, as you said. Hopefully the night splint will help with that.

It sounds like the doctor is being thorough, so I am in hopes that his plan will help you!

How are you feeling otherwise? With some new plans and more confidence in this dr., I imagine you are feeling more hopeful!

It is good to hear from you again.
Suzanne :-)

JudyS on 5/18/02 at 11:26 (084443)

Holy cow Lisa! It does sound like a pretty serious tear as opposed to 'just' Plantar Fasciitis. It's great that you got an MRI and good evaluations as a result. That 'spring-loaded' cam walker sounds intriguing - like a clever invention - hope it's good to you.

Rich on 5/18/02 at 15:50 (084468)

Sounds like the new doc know his stuff! So happy for you that this visit was successful. Have they scheduled your surgery yet?

I can't wear my night splint on my bad foot due to pain in the back of my heel. Cam walker didn't bother calf muscles, they are just smaller now. My ankle seems to be the problem coming out of the boot. Very weak and I'm afraid I might have developed tendonitis there. Guess I need to go back to the pod!!

Keep me posted....

Richelle

Suzanne D on 5/17/02 at 14:31 (084331)

Dear Lisa,

I hope the new wrap and air pump cast walker will help you and that since it is lighter, it will be easier to manage. I have never been in a cam walker, but it makes sense that the muscles would tighten from confinement, as you said. Hopefully the night splint will help with that.

It sounds like the doctor is being thorough, so I am in hopes that his plan will help you!

How are you feeling otherwise? With some new plans and more confidence in this dr., I imagine you are feeling more hopeful!

It is good to hear from you again.
Suzanne :-)

JudyS on 5/18/02 at 11:26 (084443)

Holy cow Lisa! It does sound like a pretty serious tear as opposed to 'just' Plantar Fasciitis. It's great that you got an MRI and good evaluations as a result. That 'spring-loaded' cam walker sounds intriguing - like a clever invention - hope it's good to you.

Rich on 5/18/02 at 15:50 (084468)

Sounds like the new doc know his stuff! So happy for you that this visit was successful. Have they scheduled your surgery yet?

I can't wear my night splint on my bad foot due to pain in the back of my heel. Cam walker didn't bother calf muscles, they are just smaller now. My ankle seems to be the problem coming out of the boot. Very weak and I'm afraid I might have developed tendonitis there. Guess I need to go back to the pod!!

Keep me posted....

Richelle