Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Daughter wants Birks for her orthotics

Posted by Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 00:51 (084249)

My daughter just got her (brand new functional)orthotics; doesn't want to be stuck all summer in closed, sweaty shoes! Pod OK'd Birks with removable foobeds, but I can't remember exactly which ones have them. She is leaving tomorrow at midday, to go back to college & summer job.

Carole, or anybody: which Birks have the removable footbeds? HELP!

-- Sharon

Re: Daughter wants Birks for her orthotics

nancy s. on 5/17/02 at 00:59 (084251)

hi sharon,

much of the tatami line of birks has removable footbeds (i think they're the only ones that do, though i could be wrong.) i found they were perfect for my orthotics (when i wore orthotics).

have a look at the nebraskas on the german site, if they still make them. they have two adjustable straps over the top of the foot and one adjustable back strap. they're great!

best of luck to your daughter.

nancy

Re: Thanks, Nancy :o) (eom)

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 08:08 (084274)

Re: Daughter wants Birks for her orthotics

nancy s. on 5/17/02 at 00:59 (084251)

hi sharon,

much of the tatami line of birks has removable footbeds (i think they're the only ones that do, though i could be wrong.) i found they were perfect for my orthotics (when i wore orthotics).

have a look at the nebraskas on the german site, if they still make them. they have two adjustable straps over the top of the foot and one adjustable back strap. they're great!

best of luck to your daughter.

nancy

Re: Thanks, Nancy :o) (eom)

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 08:08 (084274)