Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Carole, or anyone-Daughter wants Birks for her orthotics

Posted by Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 07:15 (084260)

My daughter just got her (brand new hard/functional) orthotics yesterday and she DOESN'T want to be stuck all summer in closed, sweaty shoes! The pod OK'd Birks with removable footbeds, but I don't remember which Birks have them. Nancy mentioned Tatamis -- are they the only ones? My daughter is leaving today right after noon, to go back to college & her summer job.

If you know which Birks to get her, please help.

-- Sharon

Re: Carole, or anyone-Daughter wants Birks for her orthotics

Suzanne D on 5/17/02 at 10:24 (084296)

Hi, Sharon! I'm at school - lunchtime - and just read your message. Unfortunately, our computers have a proxy which denies me access to the Birkenstock website or the Birkenstock Express site. I cannot remember the names, but I know there are some sandals with the removable footbed. Try going to the Birkenstock site which comes up when you click on the blue Birkenstock word here and look at different styles. The descriptions should tell you whether they have the removable insoles.

Sorry I can't help you any more right now, but since your daughter is leaving soon to go back to college, I thought I'd offer this suggestion!

Good luck!
Suzanne

Carole C in NOLA on 5/17/02 at 11:37 (084300)

Sharon, there are several different ones that have the removable footbed. I think the Kansas and Nebraska has it. You can check at http://www.birkenstockexpress.com (don't click on it, but copy and paste or type in the URL, otherwise you'll go to the German site). Get the style that interests you under 'browse styles' on the left. Then, click on 'tech specs'. When the tech specs pop up, the first thing it says is whether or not the footbed is removable.

Even better, take her to your local Birkenstock store, and see what they have in a sandal with a removable footbed; that way you can try the orthotics in the shoe, and see if it looks ok and holds them securely.

Carole C

Re: Thanks, Carole :) (eom)

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 13:41 (084313)

:o))

Re: Thanks, Suzanne! (eom)

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 13:42 (084315)

Suzanne D on 5/17/02 at 10:24 (084296)

Hi, Sharon! I'm at school - lunchtime - and just read your message. Unfortunately, our computers have a proxy which denies me access to the Birkenstock website or the Birkenstock Express site. I cannot remember the names, but I know there are some sandals with the removable footbed. Try going to the Birkenstock site which comes up when you click on the blue Birkenstock word here and look at different styles. The descriptions should tell you whether they have the removable insoles.

Sorry I can't help you any more right now, but since your daughter is leaving soon to go back to college, I thought I'd offer this suggestion!

Good luck!
Suzanne

Carole C in NOLA on 5/17/02 at 11:37 (084300)

Sharon, there are several different ones that have the removable footbed. I think the Kansas and Nebraska has it. You can check at http://www.birkenstockexpress.com (don't click on it, but copy and paste or type in the URL, otherwise you'll go to the German site). Get the style that interests you under 'browse styles' on the left. Then, click on 'tech specs'. When the tech specs pop up, the first thing it says is whether or not the footbed is removable.

Even better, take her to your local Birkenstock store, and see what they have in a sandal with a removable footbed; that way you can try the orthotics in the shoe, and see if it looks ok and holds them securely.

Carole C

Re: Thanks, Carole :) (eom)

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 13:41 (084313)

Re: Thanks, Suzanne! (eom)

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 13:42 (084315)