Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

block # 3

Posted by susie c on 5/17/02 at 08:58 (084284)

I had the 3rd block on Tues and I have felt relief from this one. During therapy no pain and the range of motion is getting better with the therapy following the injection. I also went to therapy on thur and did really well. The temp in the limb is still good today and circulation good too. I am getting sore now but that because the injections are wearing off. I still have all those crazy sensations when I lay down to sleep not not as much during the day for some reason. I am tolerating much more activity. Block # 4 is on Tues along with 2 more therapy sesions. Hopefully I get the same reaction next week. So far I am 2 good blocks 1 block with side affects as posted earlier. So now I am wondering if once the rsd in under control can they do injections for the nerves in the tunnel and calm their butts down! any imput welcome! Susie

Re: block # 3

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 10:03 (084295)

Susie,

Thank Goodness you are beginning to get some relief! Hope it continues to get better and better... :o)

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 5/18/02 at 22:02 (084528)

HI Susie , Sorry it has taken me a while to post to you . I am 11 days post opp from my surgery . I think it went well , I saw my Pod yesterday to get the stitches removed . Right now both of my doctors are more concerned with my RSD then anything else. They don't want me in a flare up . They are giving me great pain control . I had the epidural catheter pump up till this pasted Wed . My hubby was helping me with my shower and I was drying off and I pulled the catheter and broke the line ... So I had to go and get it taken out right away . Their is a high chance of a spine infection with the cathter and plus I had my hands all over it ... It was pretty scarry . The plan was to keep it in for 6 weeks to control the RSD .

So now I may have to go back and have more blocks done . My PM doctor says we will just see how I do . I am on the fentanyl patch now , it is working pretty well so far...

It seems as though your blocks are working for you so far. I wish you only the best . I hope they get your RSD under control . RSD is so complex and you never know when you are going to get a flare up ...

Take care Susie , Laurie R

Re: block # 3 laurie

susie c on 5/19/02 at 10:46 (084571)

Laurie, Did u have bocks that seemed to work better than others? I seems that each one is different. I go for #4 Tues. I am having 1 a week. Did you have your so close together? Sorry for all the questions you are the only one I know that has gone through similar situation with the rsd and injections. It sounds like you are doing better now and I wish you the best of luck in your continued recovery. It is great to have you back! Susie

Laurie R on 5/19/02 at 12:11 (084580)

Hi Susie , Yes I did have some blocks that worked better then the others . I think the most important thing is that the doctor hits the right spot. My foot is always like ice not matter what , so when I was getting the blocks and I would wake the first thing I would feel is the warmness in my leg and foot . What a wonderful feeling.

With each of the blocks I got , they all lasted a different amount of time . I do rememeber the first two only lasted about four hours , till the meds worn off . Then I believe the thrid and the fouth lasted about 10 days to 2 weeks . I did have one that lasted over a month . Now these blocks only helped with the RSD pain . I still had all my tendon pain and PF and TTS pain ... But the relief was wonderful ... I take it any day ..

No I did not get the blocks every week , I think it was more like every three weeks or so .

Please don't be sorry for asking any questions at all , I want to help in any way I can .

Your treatment plan sounds wonderful ... I have read where a person gets the blocks then goes right into therapy . I could not do that only due to the fact that I had all the other problems going on with my foot....

Please keep us posted on how you are doing ok ? Also please feel free to email me anytime you want , I have the time now ... (email removed)

My best to you always , Laurie R

Sharon W on 5/17/02 at 10:03 (084295)

Susie,

Thank Goodness you are beginning to get some relief! Hope it continues to get better and better... :o)

-- Sharon

Laurie R on 5/18/02 at 22:02 (084528)

HI Susie , Sorry it has taken me a while to post to you . I am 11 days post opp from my surgery . I think it went well , I saw my Pod yesterday to get the stitches removed . Right now both of my doctors are more concerned with my RSD then anything else. They don't want me in a flare up . They are giving me great pain control . I had the epidural catheter pump up till this pasted Wed . My hubby was helping me with my shower and I was drying off and I pulled the catheter and broke the line ... So I had to go and get it taken out right away . Their is a high chance of a spine infection with the cathter and plus I had my hands all over it ... It was pretty scarry . The plan was to keep it in for 6 weeks to control the RSD .

So now I may have to go back and have more blocks done . My PM doctor says we will just see how I do . I am on the fentanyl patch now , it is working pretty well so far...

It seems as though your blocks are working for you so far. I wish you only the best . I hope they get your RSD under control . RSD is so complex and you never know when you are going to get a flare up ...

Take care Susie , Laurie R

susie c on 5/19/02 at 10:46 (084571)

Laurie, Did u have bocks that seemed to work better than others? I seems that each one is different. I go for #4 Tues. I am having 1 a week. Did you have your so close together? Sorry for all the questions you are the only one I know that has gone through similar situation with the rsd and injections. It sounds like you are doing better now and I wish you the best of luck in your continued recovery. It is great to have you back! Susie

Laurie R on 5/19/02 at 12:11 (084580)

Hi Susie , Yes I did have some blocks that worked better then the others . I think the most important thing is that the doctor hits the right spot. My foot is always like ice not matter what , so when I was getting the blocks and I would wake the first thing I would feel is the warmness in my leg and foot . What a wonderful feeling.

With each of the blocks I got , they all lasted a different amount of time . I do rememeber the first two only lasted about four hours , till the meds worn off . Then I believe the thrid and the fouth lasted about 10 days to 2 weeks . I did have one that lasted over a month . Now these blocks only helped with the RSD pain . I still had all my tendon pain and PF and TTS pain ... But the relief was wonderful ... I take it any day ..

No I did not get the blocks every week , I think it was more like every three weeks or so .

Please don't be sorry for asking any questions at all , I want to help in any way I can .

Your treatment plan sounds wonderful ... I have read where a person gets the blocks then goes right into therapy . I could not do that only due to the fact that I had all the other problems going on with my foot....

Please keep us posted on how you are doing ok ? Also please feel free to email me anytime you want , I have the time now ... (email removed)

My best to you always , Laurie R