Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need your help

Posted by BrianJ on 5/17/02 at 15:30 (084344)

I'm looking for a simple and inexpensive device that will beep at set intervals (e.g., every two hours) to remind me when to stretch. Is there a runner's watch or some other product that will do this?

Re: sports watch

Ellen J. on 5/17/02 at 20:09 (084386)

I have a simple Casio sports watch that I set to beep every hour to remind me to stretch. This method works really well for me, and all I do is sit in my studio chair and flex my feet while continuing to work. I don't think mine is fancy enough to get it to beep every 2 hours rather than every hour, however.
Good luck in your quest!
Ellen

Re: Need your help

john h on 5/20/02 at 09:38 (084658)

Brian: I know of such a device but it is very expensive. It is called a 'wife'. They may beep more often than you want however and remind you to do many things.

BrianJ on 5/20/02 at 11:54 (084674)

John --

Your wry comment reminds me of Kipling's poem 'The Betrothed,' where a man's wife forces him to choose between her and his cigars. The man reasons that 'a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke'! Of couse, neither you nor I would ever think this way.

dave on 5/20/02 at 12:47 (084677)

thats funny!

john h on 5/20/02 at 18:22 (084706)

Brian once again I gain some great info from the board. I did not know it was Kipling who authored that famous or infamous quote. The one early today gave me a crutch where I will never again misspell 'a lot' with alot. that was precious. this site is like an encyclopedia. Nancy N the teacher, Julie the writer, Nancy S the editor, nurses, oceanographers,engineers,military guys,doctors, and many many philosophers. We got it all right here and it is all free.

Re: sports watch

Ellen J. on 5/17/02 at 20:09 (084386)

I have a simple Casio sports watch that I set to beep every hour to remind me to stretch. This method works really well for me, and all I do is sit in my studio chair and flex my feet while continuing to work. I don't think mine is fancy enough to get it to beep every 2 hours rather than every hour, however.
Good luck in your quest!
Ellen

john h on 5/20/02 at 09:38 (084658)

Brian: I know of such a device but it is very expensive. It is called a 'wife'. They may beep more often than you want however and remind you to do many things.

BrianJ on 5/20/02 at 11:54 (084674)

John --

Your wry comment reminds me of Kipling's poem 'The Betrothed,' where a man's wife forces him to choose between her and his cigars. The man reasons that 'a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke'! Of couse, neither you nor I would ever think this way.

dave on 5/20/02 at 12:47 (084677)

thats funny!

john h on 5/20/02 at 18:22 (084706)

Brian once again I gain some great info from the board. I did not know it was Kipling who authored that famous or infamous quote. The one early today gave me a crutch where I will never again misspell 'a lot' with alot. that was precious. this site is like an encyclopedia. Nancy N the teacher, Julie the writer, Nancy S the editor, nurses, oceanographers,engineers,military guys,doctors, and many many philosophers. We got it all right here and it is all free.