Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dornier: Single Treatment & Repeats

Posted by Sunny Jacob - Bayshore on 5/17/02 at 19:12 (084380)

It will be interesting to hear from both, Dornier Epos providers and patients:
a) How many PF patients had to get repeat treatment, i.e. more than one time 6 weeks after the first treatment?
b) For the doctors: - What percentage of your patients require more than one treatment session?
c) Do you charge your patients for repeat treatment?
d) If the FDA protocol for Dornier Epos stipulates a single treatment, why are some patients subjected to multiple treatment?

Re: Dornier: Single Treatment & Repeats

DR Zuckerman on 5/17/02 at 20:10 (084387)

The FDA study was one treatment. This was a multi site study carried out to one year. The VAS score was 0.6 at one year for all patients. The average pain reduction was 92%..

The FDA doesn't determine the amount of retreats or in fact if the doctor wants to use low energy on the dornier on his patients in multiple sessions.

The reason I am using the FDA protocol is due to the amazing results came that the one treatment protocol

We plan on giving a second treatment at the 12 week period if no significant pain reduction.

Re: Dornier: Single Treatment & Repeats

DR Zuckerman on 5/17/02 at 20:10 (084387)

The FDA study was one treatment. This was a multi site study carried out to one year. The VAS score was 0.6 at one year for all patients. The average pain reduction was 92%..

The FDA doesn't determine the amount of retreats or in fact if the doctor wants to use low energy on the dornier on his patients in multiple sessions.

The reason I am using the FDA protocol is due to the amazing results came that the one treatment protocol

We plan on giving a second treatment at the 12 week period if no significant pain reduction.