Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

re: the workplace and Plantar Fasciitis read important msg

Posted by lisa k on 5/18/02 at 10:57 (084439)

Well ,after a very sleepless night , a nightmare about a lady I knew, Kathleen ,who had orthopedic problems the last 5 year-IT dawned on me WHAT the real problem was. All the ,'Maybe she's not English or isn't educated, or just doesn't know', and an actual PAGE of list items,for example;importance of accurate grammer and punctuation, the meaning of paragraphs and indentation,how rude and unreadable my writing was,I'm only doing this for your own good,and doesn't 'everyone else agree' crap,I was shocked and reduced to PF tears for about an hour.(Magna Cum Laude,3.9GPA BFA degree,while working and being single Mom at that time also,Lisa k)here

Prior to finally giving up my job,I was a corporate airline sales(very major fortune 500 company) Agent. Before leaving,due to these horrible PF medical problems, I had a self-esteem that WAS intact ,mostly I think because;I was a normal avg adult, I met with grown-up 'actual live people' ,had friends to go out for lunch, did an excellent job for my company, drove back and forth to work,did not have to depend so much on everyone else for about everything ,and really felt I was doing something worthwhile and helpful in the community (was even Meals on Wheels driver on Saturdays for a yr).

If anyone knows the word SABRE or WORLDSPAN, or APOLLO,you would know I was refering to three different computer languages specific to airlines. For Example the rules for SABRE include 1)no more than seven lines of free text in adding addition notes,2) punctuation as one learns in English does not apply 3)- If I were to write:I am having a bad day today,Pamela,and my feet hurt. -several things would happen in the computer and to your reservation.(think that why ya all can't understand my msgs)

It would first need to be preceded with the code 5h-,the computer program would kick out any remarks to your reservation that exceed a character length of 31 letter's wide, the commas would not be recognized as a comma but a computer command or beginning of a particular field in the reservation. Capital letters would slow your call time and accuracy rating (as caps and lower case are not recognized),I would have wasted precious recording space for a frivolis remark. Abreviation, being concise, careful use of word choice,and quickly with only code aceeptable commands starting each new line are A MUST.
AT LAST AN EXAMPLE!(a visual aid pam)* 4g1.3/12a-inf16monthsplz *
would be saying please seat an infant 16 months who is the first passager of three in seat 12 row A, he or she will not be sitting on the parents lap but will require their own paid seat.

I'm serious! that is the way its done. I've typed that 'abreviated' for 9 years now and really was 'expanding my horizons' ,so to speak at this message board,with NOT using codes (really was trying to type and think NEW. Runons////////'s and.........'s were the acceptable norm of even memos(thats the way we all read and typed at the airline). It is like another language and was DESIGNED to be like that for a reason. Before a person could,surf the web, and make their 'own' reservations, this complicated style led to job security and higher wages because ,you had to take a special school ,in specialized training to utilize these airline coded languages...................END OF MY STORY ,my foot still hurts:)

Re: re: the workplace and Plantar Fasciitis read important msg

JudyS on 5/18/02 at 11:56 (084447)

It's interesting, Lisa, that you've mentioned self-esteem here. Your experience with having your life and your self-esteem take a huge hit with the onset of PF is exactly the same as nearly 90% of the folks who have come to these boards. You're definately not alone with that! After my own experience of having let PF rule my life and my psychi for way too long, I tend to focus here on encouraging 'newbies' to retain their sense of strength no matter what the PF does. I believe that doing so goes a long way in recovering from PF.

On the spelling/grammer thing, I suspect that being away from the style of computer input your job required will reawaken your 'normal' writing skills! No worries!

Re: To Lisa

Rich on 5/18/02 at 15:31 (084461)

Lisa....this whole thing has blown out of major proportions in my opinion. If in any way you have been offended, please accept my (our) apoligies. It was no ones goal to reduce you to tears, quite the opposite. We all want to help but find it frustrating when we can't follow a post.

I personally try my best to reply as I have the time. I also have two small children and help my husband run our family business. It's hard enough to get through the day with normal feet, much less suffering with foot pain and depression too!

I will continue to pray for you and look forward to your messages.

Richelle

Re: Ditto,Rich(eom)

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:20 (084477)

Goes for me to!

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:45 (084480)

Yes I DO UNDERSTAND this ( hurt foot) but the rest I admit I don't! But you know what , it would make not one iota difference in the way I feel! I dont care what or how anyone writes or doesnt write. That is a surface, I see the heart inside or feel it, if it is warm and sweet and well meaning I acept that for the love it is. It is a bit cool or hurtful or biting I also except that with love! I Love all as that is How my BIBLE teaches me!

Even when I am hurt It may take a few days but in the end I always accept with out question the well meaning help from others , whether I acept it and acually do it or if i decide that is not what I want to do. I feel that in some people that is the way they can understand or teach best! I am full of love, I try to keep anger away as it only hurts not only me but others. What I cant understand but maybe you will explain, If you know that you are so very knowledgable and have thease degrees then WHY do you seem to feel you have to defend your intelligence? To me I would laugh and say what does it really matter I know what is in my heart and my brain it does not have to be important that others know it.

Aceptance comes within not being rewarded on the outside. You are who you are and at that you might think that it is ok how others might see or think of you.Cause what does it REALLY matter?

I am not aiming to offend you or any others with this post just a observation for a uneducated person with a very big roomy heart for all , educated or not!

Rich on 5/18/02 at 18:12 (084486)

Yes Tammie, you do have a very big heart!! God Bless you!!

Richelle

Re: *new*the workplace and Plantar Fasciitis read important msg

lisa k on 5/23/02 at 14:42 (085004)

Yes God Bless you Tammie. He is the who guides and loves us ALL.
I guess I felt the need to defend myself because some of the posts,on that particular thread,were not very nice. Especially ,that maybe I'm not an American (after 9/11 that hurt) or that I was high on pain medication,(I'm in recovery from alcoholism 3yrs now and can't take narcotics ,except right after a surgery, and then a much lesser dose than normal ,so I don't reactivate my addiction)
I have been taught its OK to feel mad or sad(if you don't it turns inward to depression and I'm already depressed. I processed those feelings ,the kindest way I could to keep my emotional sobriety. Lisa k.

JudyS on 5/18/02 at 11:56 (084447)

It's interesting, Lisa, that you've mentioned self-esteem here. Your experience with having your life and your self-esteem take a huge hit with the onset of PF is exactly the same as nearly 90% of the folks who have come to these boards. You're definately not alone with that! After my own experience of having let PF rule my life and my psychi for way too long, I tend to focus here on encouraging 'newbies' to retain their sense of strength no matter what the PF does. I believe that doing so goes a long way in recovering from PF.

On the spelling/grammer thing, I suspect that being away from the style of computer input your job required will reawaken your 'normal' writing skills! No worries!

Re: To Lisa

Rich on 5/18/02 at 15:31 (084461)

Lisa....this whole thing has blown out of major proportions in my opinion. If in any way you have been offended, please accept my (our) apoligies. It was no ones goal to reduce you to tears, quite the opposite. We all want to help but find it frustrating when we can't follow a post.

I personally try my best to reply as I have the time. I also have two small children and help my husband run our family business. It's hard enough to get through the day with normal feet, much less suffering with foot pain and depression too!

I will continue to pray for you and look forward to your messages.

Richelle

Re: Ditto,Rich(eom)

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:20 (084477)

Goes for me to!

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:45 (084480)

Yes I DO UNDERSTAND this ( hurt foot) but the rest I admit I don't! But you know what , it would make not one iota difference in the way I feel! I dont care what or how anyone writes or doesnt write. That is a surface, I see the heart inside or feel it, if it is warm and sweet and well meaning I acept that for the love it is. It is a bit cool or hurtful or biting I also except that with love! I Love all as that is How my BIBLE teaches me!

Even when I am hurt It may take a few days but in the end I always accept with out question the well meaning help from others , whether I acept it and acually do it or if i decide that is not what I want to do. I feel that in some people that is the way they can understand or teach best! I am full of love, I try to keep anger away as it only hurts not only me but others. What I cant understand but maybe you will explain, If you know that you are so very knowledgable and have thease degrees then WHY do you seem to feel you have to defend your intelligence? To me I would laugh and say what does it really matter I know what is in my heart and my brain it does not have to be important that others know it.

Aceptance comes within not being rewarded on the outside. You are who you are and at that you might think that it is ok how others might see or think of you.Cause what does it REALLY matter?

I am not aiming to offend you or any others with this post just a observation for a uneducated person with a very big roomy heart for all , educated or not!

Rich on 5/18/02 at 18:12 (084486)

Yes Tammie, you do have a very big heart!! God Bless you!!

Richelle

Re: *new*the workplace and Plantar Fasciitis read important msg

lisa k on 5/23/02 at 14:42 (085004)

Yes God Bless you Tammie. He is the who guides and loves us ALL.
I guess I felt the need to defend myself because some of the posts,on that particular thread,were not very nice. Especially ,that maybe I'm not an American (after 9/11 that hurt) or that I was high on pain medication,(I'm in recovery from alcoholism 3yrs now and can't take narcotics ,except right after a surgery, and then a much lesser dose than normal ,so I don't reactivate my addiction)
I have been taught its OK to feel mad or sad(if you don't it turns inward to depression and I'm already depressed. I processed those feelings ,the kindest way I could to keep my emotional sobriety. Lisa k.