Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Well, I went and did it!

Posted by Rich on 5/18/02 at 15:35 (084464)

Went to Sam's today especially to try on the Betulas! Found my size and discovered they are really comfortable! I was beginning to despair that I would be in sneakers all summer!

I shopped for three hours this morning with my six year old, and yes, we bought make-up (play), nail polish, sports bras (!), and all kinds of girlie things! LOL Actually, the cupboards were bare and I couldn't put it off any longer, foot pain or no!

Got home, switched from NB's to new sandals and though foot is hurting from all the walking, my feet are breathing again and saying YES! Rested for awhile, then fixed lunch and couldn't wait to tell you guys!!

Richelle

Re: AND,

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:07 (084474)

Do you like them? I bought two pairs my self lol I thought for that price I could try two different styles! I have troube wearing them tho as I walk on my toes and the sandels are not to good for that! I am looking foward tho soon I hope that I will be able to walk on my foot without on toes . I will enjoy having them then!

I hope they continue to work for you ! I found that there sizes ran much boigger then normal sandels! Take care and enjoy!

Rich on 5/18/02 at 18:21 (084490)

Hey Tammie...looks like everyone else is busy today??? I thought they ran big too! I normally wear a 9-1/2 in dress shoes and a 10 in athletics, but I found the ladies 9 felt more comfortable. I have these really long, narrow feet and selected the three strap style. The straps are either on the first or second hole! Perfect for me!!

I've kept them on since I posted earlier and I am sooooo surprised how good they feel, my soreness from this morning considered. I walked outside and took pictures of hubby's progress on our new deck and played with my girls for awhile...well, I pushed the swings, okay?

Laughing still,
Richelle

Re: Betulas

Carole C in NOLA on 5/18/02 at 20:01 (084507)

Richelle,

I'm so glad your Betulas are comfortable! It's great to have comfortable, airy summer sandals. I haven't ever tried Betulas but if they are as good as Birkenstocks, then I'm all for them. I wear my Birkenstocks at home a lot. They really do let the foot breathe. I have the three strap Birkenstock (the Florida) and I like them a lot. I think the three straps make them more adjustable than with two straps.

Do they have the cork footbed? If so you might have to break them in, an hour the first day, two hours the second day, and so on. But if your feet aren't bothered by them then that's great.

Carole C

Re: Well, I went and did it!

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 20:19 (084513)

I'm so happy for you, Rich, that the Betulas are comfortable on your feet! I always have loved to wear sandals in warm weather and really am sorry that my Birks don't feel good to me now. I realize that there are much more serious problems dealt with by people on this board, and I need to keep it in perspective, but I do miss wearing sandals. For now I must stick with my SAS shoes with inserts.

Enjoy those sandals and your little girls! You almost brought a tear to my eye as you wrote about pushing them in the swings! Sometimes I miss those days although I love and enjoy my daughters at 16 and 21 just as much as I did then! And of course, I go to school with 6 and 7 year olds every day, so I am still lucky to get to be with little ones.

It was nice to hear your good news!

Suzanne :-)

Carmen on 5/19/02 at 19:03 (084614)

Good for you! Glad they feel good! Be careful you don't spend too much time in them initially though...I have to take it slow in my birks....right now they are intolerable...last week they felt good.
So be easy on them...always brgn a back up shoe with you.

Rich on 5/19/02 at 20:37 (084621)

I remembered seeing talk of this...of course, I wore them all afternoon yesterday and had to do some major icing last night. This morning was kind of rough, but I wore them again for a short while. I love them and hope to break them in quickly, but not at the expense of my feet! Hoping to be able to wear them for our little weekend trip for father's day...

Richelle

P.S. How's it going with the kids?

Tammie on 5/18/02 at 17:07 (084474)

Do you like them? I bought two pairs my self lol I thought for that price I could try two different styles! I have troube wearing them tho as I walk on my toes and the sandels are not to good for that! I am looking foward tho soon I hope that I will be able to walk on my foot without on toes . I will enjoy having them then!

I hope they continue to work for you ! I found that there sizes ran much boigger then normal sandels! Take care and enjoy!

Rich on 5/18/02 at 18:21 (084490)

Hey Tammie...looks like everyone else is busy today??? I thought they ran big too! I normally wear a 9-1/2 in dress shoes and a 10 in athletics, but I found the ladies 9 felt more comfortable. I have these really long, narrow feet and selected the three strap style. The straps are either on the first or second hole! Perfect for me!!

I've kept them on since I posted earlier and I am sooooo surprised how good they feel, my soreness from this morning considered. I walked outside and took pictures of hubby's progress on our new deck and played with my girls for awhile...well, I pushed the swings, okay?

Laughing still,
Richelle

Re: Betulas

Carole C in NOLA on 5/18/02 at 20:01 (084507)

Richelle,

I'm so glad your Betulas are comfortable! It's great to have comfortable, airy summer sandals. I haven't ever tried Betulas but if they are as good as Birkenstocks, then I'm all for them. I wear my Birkenstocks at home a lot. They really do let the foot breathe. I have the three strap Birkenstock (the Florida) and I like them a lot. I think the three straps make them more adjustable than with two straps.

Do they have the cork footbed? If so you might have to break them in, an hour the first day, two hours the second day, and so on. But if your feet aren't bothered by them then that's great.

Carole C

Suzanne D on 5/18/02 at 20:19 (084513)

I'm so happy for you, Rich, that the Betulas are comfortable on your feet! I always have loved to wear sandals in warm weather and really am sorry that my Birks don't feel good to me now. I realize that there are much more serious problems dealt with by people on this board, and I need to keep it in perspective, but I do miss wearing sandals. For now I must stick with my SAS shoes with inserts.

Enjoy those sandals and your little girls! You almost brought a tear to my eye as you wrote about pushing them in the swings! Sometimes I miss those days although I love and enjoy my daughters at 16 and 21 just as much as I did then! And of course, I go to school with 6 and 7 year olds every day, so I am still lucky to get to be with little ones.

It was nice to hear your good news!

Suzanne :-)

Carmen on 5/19/02 at 19:03 (084614)

Good for you! Glad they feel good! Be careful you don't spend too much time in them initially though...I have to take it slow in my birks....right now they are intolerable...last week they felt good.
So be easy on them...always brgn a back up shoe with you.

Rich on 5/19/02 at 20:37 (084621)

I remembered seeing talk of this...of course, I wore them all afternoon yesterday and had to do some major icing last night. This morning was kind of rough, but I wore them again for a short while. I love them and hope to break them in quickly, but not at the expense of my feet! Hoping to be able to wear them for our little weekend trip for father's day...

Richelle

P.S. How's it going with the kids?