Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A most cool thing..............

Posted by JudyS on 5/18/02 at 19:23 (084502)

I just found the most cool thing on the 'net and thought I'd tell you all about it. At the 3M website you can download a free version of computer desktop 'post-it' notes!
It's quite cool, honest! Now I have Post-It's all over my computer desktop and my desk desktop!
http://www.3m.com/market/office/postit/com_prod/psnotes

Re: A most cool thing..............

Nancy N on 5/18/02 at 19:45 (084504)

John/Julie/Nancy--

Whaddya think, is this the best time to mention to our PC-bound friend here that 'stickies' like she's describing have been a part of the MacOS for several years? :)

Julie on 5/19/02 at 05:51 (084548)

Nancy, that's exactly what I thought when I saw Judy's post!

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 11:34 (084573)

Yeah but.......
Macs are still just Macs. :)

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 11:46 (084575)

Yeah but are they authentic little square yellow notes that say 'post-it' on them? Do they make a cool noise when you open one or trash one?
Now you've got me wondering if my own OS comes with such a thing!
Think I'll go check.

john h on 5/19/02 at 12:04 (084579)

No Judy your OS (i bet) does not come with those little post it notes. Those are reserved for Mac only users. Nancy N. have you installed OS X?

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 14:52 (084590)

Yeah but John, yours is STILL just a Mac.....
and I'll bet your little notes don't make cool little tinkling sounds when you trash them. They are just Mac notes, aren't they? :)

Nancy N on 5/19/02 at 17:11 (084596)

No OS X yet for me--do you have it? What do you think? I don't have any software that requires it and don't feel like shelling out the cash to upgrade everything just yet.

Windoze definitely does not come with stickies!

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 17:20 (084597)

I wonder why a certain computer operating system is named after a piece of fruit.....

Re: My heart is shaped like an Apple

Valerie S on 5/20/02 at 07:46 (084652)

Even though I use Windows. Sorry, but there is no such thing as JUST A MAC.

I could say more, but...

Val.

Nancy N on 5/20/02 at 09:33 (084655)

Judy Judy Judy... the operating system is called MacOS. The company is called Apple. As I recall, there have been other notable companies with the same name--Apple Records comes to mind. What is it that you have against this venerable fruit? Are you not the one who wants to visit the Big Apple?

Surely Apple is better than Windoze... snoring its way into homes and offices across America!

john h on 5/20/02 at 10:16 (084665)

Nancy N I am almost ready to try OS X. Since it runs OS X and OS 9 side by side you can continue to run all your current stuff. I think I only have one thing (a scanner) that does not have a PC driver for OS X and I can run it on the OS 9. I have been playing with OS X at Comp USA. Virtually crash proof. Steve Jobs said the other day that he was announcing the death of OS 9? I also played with Windows XP and my brain is still in pain from all the clicking clicking clicking and keystrokes keystrokes-------

john h on 5/20/02 at 10:28 (084669)

Nancy: I think Judy is considering Windoze XP. What does XP mean? Xtra Pretty? I also think she has a secret Mac Laptop.

john h on 5/20/02 at 18:24 (084707)

yes Judy but I make them most any color I want and they are very pretty. They are not 'just Mac notes'. They are Macintoish 'Stickies'.

Nancy N on 5/20/02 at 19:45 (084731)

John--

I know OS X is extremely stable because it is built on top of Unix, which has been around forever--a lot of the old DOS commands are based on Unix commands (Bill G. wasn't original even then!). I'm just not ready to spend the cash, and have heard mixed things about the way OS 9 is emulated by OS X. Windoze will always make your brain hurt, John....avoid avoid avoid!!

Nancy N on 5/18/02 at 19:45 (084504)

John/Julie/Nancy--

Whaddya think, is this the best time to mention to our PC-bound friend here that 'stickies' like she's describing have been a part of the MacOS for several years? :)

Julie on 5/19/02 at 05:51 (084548)

Nancy, that's exactly what I thought when I saw Judy's post!

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 11:34 (084573)

Yeah but.......
Macs are still just Macs. :)

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 11:46 (084575)

Yeah but are they authentic little square yellow notes that say 'post-it' on them? Do they make a cool noise when you open one or trash one?
Now you've got me wondering if my own OS comes with such a thing!
Think I'll go check.

john h on 5/19/02 at 12:04 (084579)

No Judy your OS (i bet) does not come with those little post it notes. Those are reserved for Mac only users. Nancy N. have you installed OS X?

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 14:52 (084590)

Yeah but John, yours is STILL just a Mac.....
and I'll bet your little notes don't make cool little tinkling sounds when you trash them. They are just Mac notes, aren't they? :)

Nancy N on 5/19/02 at 17:11 (084596)

No OS X yet for me--do you have it? What do you think? I don't have any software that requires it and don't feel like shelling out the cash to upgrade everything just yet.

Windoze definitely does not come with stickies!

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 17:20 (084597)

I wonder why a certain computer operating system is named after a piece of fruit.....

Re: My heart is shaped like an Apple

Valerie S on 5/20/02 at 07:46 (084652)

Even though I use Windows. Sorry, but there is no such thing as JUST A MAC.

I could say more, but...

Val.

Nancy N on 5/20/02 at 09:33 (084655)

Judy Judy Judy... the operating system is called MacOS. The company is called Apple. As I recall, there have been other notable companies with the same name--Apple Records comes to mind. What is it that you have against this venerable fruit? Are you not the one who wants to visit the Big Apple?

Surely Apple is better than Windoze... snoring its way into homes and offices across America!

john h on 5/20/02 at 10:16 (084665)

Nancy N I am almost ready to try OS X. Since it runs OS X and OS 9 side by side you can continue to run all your current stuff. I think I only have one thing (a scanner) that does not have a PC driver for OS X and I can run it on the OS 9. I have been playing with OS X at Comp USA. Virtually crash proof. Steve Jobs said the other day that he was announcing the death of OS 9? I also played with Windows XP and my brain is still in pain from all the clicking clicking clicking and keystrokes keystrokes-------

john h on 5/20/02 at 10:28 (084669)

Nancy: I think Judy is considering Windoze XP. What does XP mean? Xtra Pretty? I also think she has a secret Mac Laptop.

john h on 5/20/02 at 18:24 (084707)

yes Judy but I make them most any color I want and they are very pretty. They are not 'just Mac notes'. They are Macintoish 'Stickies'.

Nancy N on 5/20/02 at 19:45 (084731)

John--

I know OS X is extremely stable because it is built on top of Unix, which has been around forever--a lot of the old DOS commands are based on Unix commands (Bill G. wasn't original even then!). I'm just not ready to spend the cash, and have heard mixed things about the way OS 9 is emulated by OS X. Windoze will always make your brain hurt, John....avoid avoid avoid!!