Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Strange days indeed, most peculiar momma..

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 5/18/02 at 23:15 (084533)

Sorry...had a John Lennon song stuck in my head.

My feet are ITCHING in the arch area (which I have most of my PF). WEIRD. I think this is good though, right?

The orthodics I had adjusted raised me up a bunch in that area. My inside ankle areas (I think these are called the deltoids) suddenly got SORE...but the bottom and arch areas were BETTER.

Today...I went to Salvation Army to get a receipt signed and give stuff me and my roomate want to get rid of. I stood there a long time standing...filling out the form (messed one up and had to try again)...and my FEET DIDN'T HURT! I had on my old sandals (no orthos...giving my ankles a rest).

I got so excited! I went and got the water bottles filled after that (me and my roomie drink from a set up where we drag the big bottles in to be filled..like Alhambra but $2.00 for big water bottles. The guy there did do everything but I STOOD THE WHOLE TIME HE FILLED BOTH OF THEM UP AND then paid him $2.00...went to my car....took these home...and put one BACK ON TOP OF THE STAND...I felt like the Queen of England!

Then, I made cookies for my brother Steve...he had sent me a router half price (he bought from buy.com but didn't need) and an ethernet card for my dsl hook up for me and my roomie). The cookies are scary but I am sending them anyway. I stood a lot...and sat some. Cleaned up even everything...finally laid down for awhile. I feel like I did so much...I used to be such a sme4...going going going. This is slow for me...I hate having to stop and take it easy!

Anway, this is QUITE A FULL DAY FOR ME! Gives me hope! It is one small mile stone...especially the itching even after I over did it!

Last night, I was in major pain...but today I am doing well. The pain is back but very low. I was going to blow off church tomorrow but I think I can make it (if my pain was like last night, I would be stuck at home on my Sabbath).

I am rambing (sorry...but I this is actually how I am in real life BUT WORSE than this..believe it or not...I am such a spaz).

I just wanted to share this with you all and get your input on the itching things (did a search but SWITICHING and BITCHING keep coming up too...)

I took 2 aleves again (do this twice a day) and got epsom salts...I may try them tonight in a full bath (help my back which finally got a somewhat sore a tad (nothing like my feet though ever get).

Thx for listening.

PS: WendyN...I read about you wanting to sit in a long line one time (an old post) and I hear ya! I have almost done that too! I also cry when I get out to my car. *Sigh* I have actually sat at airports in line. Nobody says anything. Did this even in Ireland. Nobody there thought I was weird either (back in April 2000).

Re: Strange days indeed, most peculiar momma..

Carole C in NOLA on 5/19/02 at 06:56 (084551)

Melissa, how wonderful that you have been feeling so well!! I do hope that the itching means that your arch is healing. Itching often does seem to indicate healing.

Now that you are feeling better, be careful not to overdo. Lifting heavy things like heavy water bottles can put a lot of strain on your arches, and you may not feel the effects for a couple of days. If you still feel fine by Tuesday or so, then no harm done.

It's so exhilarating to feel like FINALLY we can do things, clean house and run errands like before! Congratulations on your improvement. :)

Carole C

Re: Mahatmelissama

wendyn on 5/19/02 at 09:18 (084564)

Actually, I have sat in line once in a while. I have been known to flip the little baskets upside down and sit on them. (I think someone here actually gave me the idea). Not to hard for me because I'm not very big, but I don't think it would be an option for someone who's much taller or larger.

Usually I just shuffle back and forth in line, and everyone thinks I have to pee.

Kathy G on 5/19/02 at 10:08 (084568)

Melissa,

I'm so glad that you're beginning to feel better. Just don't overdo it! I speak from experience, unfortunately! It's so nice to hear you sounding optimistic and enthusiastic. Good luck and may it continue!

Re: Well...it was short lived but great while it last...

Mahatmelissama on 5/19/02 at 22:27 (084635)

Thx for all your support! :)

Wendyn, I am quite a big lass...basket idea would not work for me but a great idea if I found one sturdy enough. :)

Re: Strange days indeed, most peculiar momma..

Carole C in NOLA on 5/19/02 at 06:56 (084551)

Melissa, how wonderful that you have been feeling so well!! I do hope that the itching means that your arch is healing. Itching often does seem to indicate healing.

Now that you are feeling better, be careful not to overdo. Lifting heavy things like heavy water bottles can put a lot of strain on your arches, and you may not feel the effects for a couple of days. If you still feel fine by Tuesday or so, then no harm done.

It's so exhilarating to feel like FINALLY we can do things, clean house and run errands like before! Congratulations on your improvement. :)

Carole C

wendyn on 5/19/02 at 09:18 (084564)

Actually, I have sat in line once in a while. I have been known to flip the little baskets upside down and sit on them. (I think someone here actually gave me the idea). Not to hard for me because I'm not very big, but I don't think it would be an option for someone who's much taller or larger.

Usually I just shuffle back and forth in line, and everyone thinks I have to pee.

Kathy G on 5/19/02 at 10:08 (084568)

Melissa,

I'm so glad that you're beginning to feel better. Just don't overdo it! I speak from experience, unfortunately! It's so nice to hear you sounding optimistic and enthusiastic. Good luck and may it continue!

Re: Well...it was short lived but great while it last...

Mahatmelissama on 5/19/02 at 22:27 (084635)

Thx for all your support! :)

Wendyn, I am quite a big lass...basket idea would not work for me but a great idea if I found one sturdy enough. :)