Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Neck and shoulder

Posted by DavidM on 5/19/02 at 03:31 (084539)

okay here is my question.

I was at work last night and slipped on some water I went to grab something to keep from falling and I hurt my arm. I was just in bed and I went to pull the covers off of me and I had a horrible pain come over me right in the middle of my shoulder blade then the pain went up to my neck area and about 10 minutes later went away for the most part. I did I do to my arm I feel like im piarilized (sp?) the pain hurt so bad.

Thanks a million I have no where else to turn!

(email removed)

Re: Neck and shoulder

Julie on 5/19/02 at 12:29 (084582)

David

It's several hours since you posted your question. Is the pain still 'mostly gone' or has it returned? I'm puzzled because you say it went away for the most part but that you feel paralyzed. That suggests a possible problem with one of the nerves radiating from your spine.

Anyway - if the pain is still with you, and if you have feelings of paralysis, you should see your doctor immediately. No-one here is qualified to diagnose such an injury.

Let us know what happens?

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 14:28 (084587)

David - I'm not a doctor so can't really advise you about your shoulder pain. I was wondering if you knew that you posted your message on a website that deals, for the most part, with foot pain?
I suspect that the most prudent thing for you to do is to go ahead and see a physician if the pain returns or if you're limited in your movements.

Re: doctor and maybe chiropractor

Sandy H. on 5/19/02 at 20:37 (084622)

Just by coincidence I had the same problem. Go to a doctor, physio and try a chiropractor. The chiro who is treating my lower back helped free up my upper back and now the shoulder feels much better. Wait for a few weeks before you try stuff like that though to let it settle.

Sandy H. on 5/19/02 at 20:40 (084623)

By coincidence I had same problem. Do go to see a doctor at first. Later try physio and chiropractor. My chiro said something was jammed up after my fall that was hard for myself to move by just stretching etc. Seems to have helped since an almighty series of crunches during the adjustment! Wait for a while cos he may heel by itself.

Julie on 5/19/02 at 12:29 (084582)

David

It's several hours since you posted your question. Is the pain still 'mostly gone' or has it returned? I'm puzzled because you say it went away for the most part but that you feel paralyzed. That suggests a possible problem with one of the nerves radiating from your spine.

Anyway - if the pain is still with you, and if you have feelings of paralysis, you should see your doctor immediately. No-one here is qualified to diagnose such an injury.

Let us know what happens?

JudyS on 5/19/02 at 14:28 (084587)

David - I'm not a doctor so can't really advise you about your shoulder pain. I was wondering if you knew that you posted your message on a website that deals, for the most part, with foot pain?
I suspect that the most prudent thing for you to do is to go ahead and see a physician if the pain returns or if you're limited in your movements.

Re: doctor and maybe chiropractor

Sandy H. on 5/19/02 at 20:37 (084622)

Just by coincidence I had the same problem. Go to a doctor, physio and try a chiropractor. The chiro who is treating my lower back helped free up my upper back and now the shoulder feels much better. Wait for a few weeks before you try stuff like that though to let it settle.

Sandy H. on 5/19/02 at 20:40 (084623)

By coincidence I had same problem. Do go to see a doctor at first. Later try physio and chiropractor. My chiro said something was jammed up after my fall that was hard for myself to move by just stretching etc. Seems to have helped since an almighty series of crunches during the adjustment! Wait for a while cos he may heel by itself.