Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

looking for a good pod in calgary,CANADA

Posted by mik w. on 5/19/02 at 16:43 (084594)

does anyone know of a great pod in calgary alberta

Re: looking for a good pod in calgary,CANADA

wendyn on 5/19/02 at 21:20 (084631)

Dr. Neil Humble - Market Mall professional building. He's very good and makes great orthotics.

My former pod used to send his tough orthotic customers to him.

Re: wendyn

mik w. on 5/19/02 at 23:08 (084636)

have you seen dr. humble wendyn? what was he like?
can you tell me about your pf and what has helped
you.
thanx wendyn

wendyn on 5/19/02 at 23:19 (084637)

mik we could be here all day!!!

Actually, PF is a 'minor' problem I have. I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and RSD, along with a host of structural issues. Yes, I've seen him and I really like him. He was very patient and very thorough. He does not believe that making orthotics is something that you just do and move on. It's a bit of an art, and orthotics often have to be adjusted or modified.

I have orthotics from him, and I also had him cast me for some custom Birks.

You are the third person from Calgary on this board. Have you seen a pod here?

mik w. on 5/19/02 at 23:46 (084640)

wendy i am wondering who the best doc in calgary is to see for a
thorough diagnosis and follow up is. have you heard of dr. nesbitt-
strictly feet? any others you whould recomend before i see a pod.

thanx wendy

wendyn on 5/20/02 at 00:11 (084641)

Mik - I have heard pretty good things about Dr. Nesbitt. We have two foot and ankle orthepedic specilists...Dr Russell and Dr Dougall (spelling?). You will be waiting 6 months to a year to get into either one of them.

Can you give a history of what's happened to you before you arrived on this board?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/20/02 at 19:21 (084722)

Dr. Mark Zivot, has a lot of surgical training and is well respected. My podiatry school roomate Dr. Jerry Joseph practices in Alberta with his wife, Dr. Nancy O'Neil-- both great people-- primarily do conservative care.
Ed

CarlW on 5/21/02 at 08:57 (084752)

Mik,

It must be everybody running around in their sh#$ kickers (cowboy boots) that causes Calgarians to have a higher frequency of PF! I have seen Dr. Nesbitt and he was reasonable. He provides a one page summary of his treatment protocol that summarizes a lot of info. Dr. Wiley @ the U of C sports medicine is also good. The key is to see someone sooner than later and become active in your own recovery. You can learn about all of the treatment modalities by reading the P.F. book on this website. Another good orthotic manufacturer is 'Orthotics in Motion'.

CarlW

wendyn on 5/21/02 at 21:15 (084818)

Hi Carl!!

I have to agree with Carl said - I have heard very good things about Orthotics in Motion. I think they were too far away from me (which is the only reason I didn't try them). Dr Wiley couldn't help me but he was very kind.

wendyn on 5/19/02 at 21:20 (084631)

Dr. Neil Humble - Market Mall professional building. He's very good and makes great orthotics.

My former pod used to send his tough orthotic customers to him.

mik w. on 5/19/02 at 23:08 (084636)

have you seen dr. humble wendyn? what was he like?
can you tell me about your pf and what has helped
you.
thanx wendyn

wendyn on 5/19/02 at 23:19 (084637)

mik we could be here all day!!!

Actually, PF is a 'minor' problem I have. I have Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and RSD, along with a host of structural issues. Yes, I've seen him and I really like him. He was very patient and very thorough. He does not believe that making orthotics is something that you just do and move on. It's a bit of an art, and orthotics often have to be adjusted or modified.

I have orthotics from him, and I also had him cast me for some custom Birks.

You are the third person from Calgary on this board. Have you seen a pod here?

mik w. on 5/19/02 at 23:46 (084640)

wendy i am wondering who the best doc in calgary is to see for a
thorough diagnosis and follow up is. have you heard of dr. nesbitt-
strictly feet? any others you whould recomend before i see a pod.

thanx wendy

wendyn on 5/20/02 at 00:11 (084641)

Mik - I have heard pretty good things about Dr. Nesbitt. We have two foot and ankle orthepedic specilists...Dr Russell and Dr Dougall (spelling?). You will be waiting 6 months to a year to get into either one of them.

Can you give a history of what's happened to you before you arrived on this board?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/20/02 at 19:21 (084722)

Dr. Mark Zivot, has a lot of surgical training and is well respected. My podiatry school roomate Dr. Jerry Joseph practices in Alberta with his wife, Dr. Nancy O'Neil-- both great people-- primarily do conservative care.
Ed

CarlW on 5/21/02 at 08:57 (084752)

Mik,

It must be everybody running around in their sh#$ kickers (cowboy boots) that causes Calgarians to have a higher frequency of PF! I have seen Dr. Nesbitt and he was reasonable. He provides a one page summary of his treatment protocol that summarizes a lot of info. Dr. Wiley @ the U of C sports medicine is also good. The key is to see someone sooner than later and become active in your own recovery. You can learn about all of the treatment modalities by reading the P.F. book on this website. Another good orthotic manufacturer is 'Orthotics in Motion'.

CarlW

wendyn on 5/21/02 at 21:15 (084818)

Hi Carl!!

I have to agree with Carl said - I have heard very good things about Orthotics in Motion. I think they were too far away from me (which is the only reason I didn't try them). Dr Wiley couldn't help me but he was very kind.