Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

STILL HANGIN IN THERE-BUT MUCH MORE COMFY!!!'

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 5/19/02 at 21:04 (084630)

Yes, I am hanging in there with the ice & the stretching & the vioxx.....but I am sooo much more comfy at this time. So, there is hope for all of you PF sufferers! After over a year of extreme pain, lots of ice, 1 ESWT in Nov., & orthotics & tons of shoes, I am finding some relief!!! I have even returned to riding 3 horses on 5 days of this past week - & am suffering no ill effects.....but of course, I am cautious (a little 'foot shy' - you might say!) & I ice & ice each every night & prop those feet up agains the wall while I rest on the floor -- I've found that propping them up really does help too! I write to say that there is hope for less pain & more living -- but it does take OH so long & so much time & care! To all - Hang in there!!!

Re: STILL HANGIN IN THERE-BUT MUCH MORE COMFY!!!'

Pete R on 5/20/02 at 05:03 (084646)

Nice to hear some good news

Is your recovery down to the ESWT ?

How long did the healing process take after ESWT ?

RACHAEL T. on 5/20/02 at 12:00 (084675)

My healing after ESWT went smoothly I thought -- taking pain level down from a 10 (or more!!!) to a 3 or less on some days. I began to ride maybe 1 or 2 horses each week approximately 12 weeks after ESWT. But, at 20 weeks, I was better - don't know if time or ESWT was the trick - or if it is a combination of it all.....which is truly what I think it is. And, thru all time after ESWT, I continued weekly massages by a therapist, stretching - limited & cautious activity, as well as orthotics, & ice & heat!

Pete R on 5/20/02 at 05:03 (084646)

Nice to hear some good news

Is your recovery down to the ESWT ?

How long did the healing process take after ESWT ?

RACHAEL T. on 5/20/02 at 12:00 (084675)

My healing after ESWT went smoothly I thought -- taking pain level down from a 10 (or more!!!) to a 3 or less on some days. I began to ride maybe 1 or 2 horses each week approximately 12 weeks after ESWT. But, at 20 weeks, I was better - don't know if time or ESWT was the trick - or if it is a combination of it all.....which is truly what I think it is. And, thru all time after ESWT, I continued weekly massages by a therapist, stretching - limited & cautious activity, as well as orthotics, & ice & heat!