Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar fasciectomy

Posted by Erin B on 5/19/02 at 21:55 (084633)

I just had this surgery done and i am curious to know why i am not in a cast. i am told to walk on it and not to baby it. i am a little scared.

Re: Plantar fasciectomy

DR Zuckerman on 5/19/02 at 22:11 (084634)

Hi

If there is only one suture in your foot, then weight bearing as tolerated and even a boot cast may be indicated. In any event rest and walk alittle bit at a time. . Call your doctor and discuss this with him and your concerns Do your know the type of plantar fascia release you had

Lela K on 5/20/02 at 07:30 (084650)

I had Plantar Fasciitis surgery on Jan 4, 2002, he also removed a bone spur. Well it's been almost 6 months and I'm unable to return to work yet! I still have extreme pain.. I have been told now that I have Osteoarthritis in this foot too. I have about a inch incision were the surgery was (inside left foot) I still expereince burning pain, tenderness, and complete discomfort standing. I was told by a new doctor that I'm seeing that he does not understand how the 'first doctor' could have possiblly seen what he was doing with the small incision that was made, and knowing that he also removed the bone spur and relieved the plantar fasciitis ' he claims that it appears to him that he went in there 'Blindedly' and preformed this surgery.. He explaines to me that he does not know if this caused any further damage to my foot, he feared that perhaps he may of injuried another bone while trying to get to the bone spur, so he sent me for a bone scan and told me that I know have osteoarthritis in this foot too. (which I had a bone scan feb 2001, and it was clear then of OA)... So I don't really know where to go from here.... This new doctor tells me that he does not want to go back in and see what could be wrong!! atleast not for a full year...
So is there any one out there that can tell me what I should do? if so PLEASE E-Mail me at (email removed)
Thank You Lela Kluck

Erin B on 5/20/02 at 18:19 (084705)

i am not for sure what kind of surgery that it was. i know that i had to incisions like an L shape. i have 6 stitches. i am still pretty numb and i am afraid to walk on it. he tells me that i have to walk on it if i want it to get better. i am still quite nervous.

DR Zuckerman on 5/19/02 at 22:11 (084634)

Hi

If there is only one suture in your foot, then weight bearing as tolerated and even a boot cast may be indicated. In any event rest and walk alittle bit at a time. . Call your doctor and discuss this with him and your concerns Do your know the type of plantar fascia release you had

Lela K on 5/20/02 at 07:30 (084650)

I had Plantar Fasciitis surgery on Jan 4, 2002, he also removed a bone spur. Well it's been almost 6 months and I'm unable to return to work yet! I still have extreme pain.. I have been told now that I have Osteoarthritis in this foot too. I have about a inch incision were the surgery was (inside left foot) I still expereince burning pain, tenderness, and complete discomfort standing. I was told by a new doctor that I'm seeing that he does not understand how the 'first doctor' could have possiblly seen what he was doing with the small incision that was made, and knowing that he also removed the bone spur and relieved the plantar fasciitis ' he claims that it appears to him that he went in there 'Blindedly' and preformed this surgery.. He explaines to me that he does not know if this caused any further damage to my foot, he feared that perhaps he may of injuried another bone while trying to get to the bone spur, so he sent me for a bone scan and told me that I know have osteoarthritis in this foot too. (which I had a bone scan feb 2001, and it was clear then of OA)... So I don't really know where to go from here.... This new doctor tells me that he does not want to go back in and see what could be wrong!! atleast not for a full year...
So is there any one out there that can tell me what I should do? if so PLEASE E-Mail me at (email removed)
Thank You Lela Kluck

Erin B on 5/20/02 at 18:19 (084705)

i am not for sure what kind of surgery that it was. i know that i had to incisions like an L shape. i have 6 stitches. i am still pretty numb and i am afraid to walk on it. he tells me that i have to walk on it if i want it to get better. i am still quite nervous.