Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoes

Posted by Mary Ann on 5/21/02 at 18:23 (084797)

Does anyone have suggestions about shoes to try? I can't wear birks, already tried. I wear sneakers(New Balance)+ orthotics for work. But my feet get hot and sore in them. I have been wearing a style of Dexter for 2 years, a low heel open backshoe. It gives some support to the arch. I have tried some others but make the arch ache. I don't know why these Dexter work, but bad news, they arent making them anymore. My main PF pain is gone but I get aching in the arch. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Shoes

Ellen J. on 5/21/02 at 19:29 (084811)

Mary Ann,
When you have a problem with shoes, is it because the arch support in the shoes is too high and presses on your arch, or because it's too low and doesn't offer enough support? This would help us to guide you toward some shoes that might work for you. I'm not a doctor--just a sufferer who has tried so many different shoes that my closet is full and my 'significant other' has no
room for his shoes anymore. I can only wear one pair of shoes, which I have started wearing to the gym also (instead of athletic shoes). I wear shoes by 'born' and the specific style is called 'mood'. I put store-bought orthotics in them called 'body cushion'. I am one who needs very soft and low arch supports. Others here need more arch support. Maybe you can let us know what your feet like and people here can guide you.
Good luck!
Ellen

Re: Shoes

Ellen J. on 5/21/02 at 19:29 (084811)

Mary Ann,
When you have a problem with shoes, is it because the arch support in the shoes is too high and presses on your arch, or because it's too low and doesn't offer enough support? This would help us to guide you toward some shoes that might work for you. I'm not a doctor--just a sufferer who has tried so many different shoes that my closet is full and my 'significant other' has no
room for his shoes anymore. I can only wear one pair of shoes, which I have started wearing to the gym also (instead of athletic shoes). I wear shoes by 'born' and the specific style is called 'mood'. I put store-bought orthotics in them called 'body cushion'. I am one who needs very soft and low arch supports. Others here need more arch support. Maybe you can let us know what your feet like and people here can guide you.
Good luck!
Ellen