Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Night Splint Post ESWT?

Posted by CarlW on 5/22/02 at 14:33 (084881)

I am going for my first of 3 sonorex treatments tommorow. After 2 years of PF grief I am really looking forward to the zap. I have truly exhausted the general list of conservative treatments with marginal improvement.(Orthotics,NSAID, PT, non weight bearing stretching, rest, cortizone, night splint, ART, vitamins etc.)

My question is although I received no benefit from using the night splint previously (about a 3 month test) would it be benefical to try it again after the sonorex treatments?

Carl

Re: Night Splint Post ESWT?

dave on 5/22/02 at 15:51 (084889)

I still use mine and i had eswt done 8 weeks ago

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/23/02 at 22:05 (085045)

Yes, particularly if you have a tight achilles-gastrosoleus. Where are you getting your Sonorex treatments?
Ed

CarlW on 5/24/02 at 09:51 (085086)

Dr. Ed thanks for the response. My Achilles-gastrosoleus is not particullarily tight but I will wear the splint as a precautionary anyway.

I am being treated in Calgary Canada at the University sports medicine facility.

The first treatment went well, uncomfortable but way less painfull than a cortizone injection. They were able to find quite a few tender spots that hopefully will be beat into submission.

dave on 5/22/02 at 15:51 (084889)

I still use mine and i had eswt done 8 weeks ago

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/23/02 at 22:05 (085045)

Yes, particularly if you have a tight achilles-gastrosoleus. Where are you getting your Sonorex treatments?
Ed

CarlW on 5/24/02 at 09:51 (085086)

Dr. Ed thanks for the response. My Achilles-gastrosoleus is not particullarily tight but I will wear the splint as a precautionary anyway.

I am being treated in Calgary Canada at the University sports medicine facility.

The first treatment went well, uncomfortable but way less painfull than a cortizone injection. They were able to find quite a few tender spots that hopefully will be beat into submission.