Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for the Doc

Posted by Carmon S. on 5/22/02 at 21:13 (084940)

1) Is it noraml to still have a bit of swelling in the heel 3 1/2 months post - op open PF release? My Doc also removed quite a bit of inflammed tissue from my hel pad and surrounding areas.

2) When can I expect all resisual tenderness to subside. What I mean by this is the post - op tenderness. It has gotton a lot better and the tenderness is much different than the PAIN I had before the procedure.

Just wanting to make sure this is all normal. Thanks.

Re: Question for the Doc

DR Zuckerman on 5/22/02 at 22:01 (084941)

Hi

Open release can take up to one year for complete healing.

Joe S on 6/03/02 at 23:30 (086215)

Any surgery be it an Open procedure, Hammertoe correction, Bunionectomy, EPF, ESWT can result in post op pain and swelling. Post op swelling is not uncommon. You can have swelling and generalized tenderness for about a year. Some people have no post op pain. Others have some and then there's the group that if you look at their foot they hurt.

DR Zuckerman on 5/22/02 at 22:01 (084941)

Hi

Open release can take up to one year for complete healing.

Joe S on 6/03/02 at 23:30 (086215)

Any surgery be it an Open procedure, Hammertoe correction, Bunionectomy, EPF, ESWT can result in post op pain and swelling. Post op swelling is not uncommon. You can have swelling and generalized tenderness for about a year. Some people have no post op pain. Others have some and then there's the group that if you look at their foot they hurt.