Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

re;my orthodics don't seem to work on my very flat feet?

Posted by lisa k on 5/24/02 at 01:13 (085054)

i was wondering what the usual method for making custom medical orthodics at a POD office is? i was told to lay on my stomach and then had a thin layer of srips on each fott wich he removed and then bent the planter at the toes area after removal. They are already falling apart glue and layer flapping off. My mold is still stored ther but if chaanged to a new pod (my insurance paid 100% of the orthodics and will do so 1time a yr these were made last Oct. Sicnce then a mistake my pod made led to a rare almost complete tear of the medial plantar fascia. NOW,IM TRUELY LOST ON WHAT TO DO OR WHAT SHOE OR ORTHODIC WOULD BE RIGHT FOR EXTREMLY FLAT PRONATING AND NOW PERMANTLY INJURED FEET???

Re: re;my orthodics don't seem to work on my very flat feet?

collin ward on 5/24/02 at 15:03 (085120)

What state do you live in?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/24/02 at 20:42 (085158)

Most orthotic labs warranty orthotics for a year. Keep in mind that the insole or top cover glued to the top of the orthotic is just a soft cushion that can be inexpensively replaced-- it does not have much bearing on the orthotic.

The question is whether the orthotics helped you or not. The efficacy of an orthotic for 'very flat feet' depends on how they are designed as opposed to the type of orthotic.
Ed

collin ward on 5/24/02 at 15:03 (085120)

What state do you live in?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/24/02 at 20:42 (085158)

Most orthotic labs warranty orthotics for a year. Keep in mind that the insole or top cover glued to the top of the orthotic is just a soft cushion that can be inexpensively replaced-- it does not have much bearing on the orthotic.

The question is whether the orthotics helped you or not. The efficacy of an orthotic for 'very flat feet' depends on how they are designed as opposed to the type of orthotic.
Ed