Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis symptoms

Posted by brian waters on 5/24/02 at 07:56 (085067)

Almost everything I have read on this subject states that the universal symptom is pain on arising which attenuates with subsequent walking
With me it is the exact opposite-----
Would that preclude plantat fasciitis or am I just atypical?

Re: plantar fasciitis symptoms

Andrue on 5/24/02 at 08:00 (085069)

I originally got pain after resting but that was back in September/October of last year. Since then I just have pain that is sensitive to pressure and thankfully walking usually avoids the pressure points. Resting my feet in certain positions can cause pain but moving them about (including getting up for a walk) gets rid of the pain.

R C on 5/24/02 at 09:59 (085090)

Brian,

PF is not ruled out. The morning stiffness is not universal. With my PF I had the morning stiffness only for several months. The pain from walking and standing lasted for two years.

It might be time for you to see a podiatrist. Good luck!

RC

dave on 5/24/02 at 11:40 (085101)

plantar fasciitis can be pain anywhere on the bottom of the foot. Classis plantar fasciitis is having the pain at the insertion point when rising out of bed. My pain has always been worse at night. Good luck.

Kathy G on 5/26/02 at 14:37 (085299)

Hi Brian,

I have had PF for a year now and I don't have morning pain. In fact, my feet feel best upon rising. It is late afternoon and nights that kill me. And I had pain only in my arches until I went to physical therapy! I don't know as we're atypical, although I also have an atypical Morton's Neuroma. Maybe we're just individualists! I'll be interested in the doctors' responses.

Good luck!

Andrue on 5/24/02 at 08:00 (085069)

I originally got pain after resting but that was back in September/October of last year. Since then I just have pain that is sensitive to pressure and thankfully walking usually avoids the pressure points. Resting my feet in certain positions can cause pain but moving them about (including getting up for a walk) gets rid of the pain.

R C on 5/24/02 at 09:59 (085090)

Brian,

PF is not ruled out. The morning stiffness is not universal. With my PF I had the morning stiffness only for several months. The pain from walking and standing lasted for two years.

It might be time for you to see a podiatrist. Good luck!

RC

dave on 5/24/02 at 11:40 (085101)

plantar fasciitis can be pain anywhere on the bottom of the foot. Classis plantar fasciitis is having the pain at the insertion point when rising out of bed. My pain has always been worse at night. Good luck.

Kathy G on 5/26/02 at 14:37 (085299)

Hi Brian,

I have had PF for a year now and I don't have morning pain. In fact, my feet feel best upon rising. It is late afternoon and nights that kill me. And I had pain only in my arches until I went to physical therapy! I don't know as we're atypical, although I also have an atypical Morton's Neuroma. Maybe we're just individualists! I'll be interested in the doctors' responses.

Good luck!