Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Posted by Necee on 5/24/02 at 08:11 (085072)

Hope that you all have a great....and safe Memorial weekend!
God bless all of our veterans.
Necee

Re: Happy Memorial Day!!!

Lisa G on 5/25/02 at 11:13 (085189)

hi necee,
i'm a vet and i wanted to thank you for your message...the reason for memorial day is often forgotten as we enjoy barbeques, parties, and of course...a day off work...

so thank YOU very much for reminding us why it is celebrate memorial day

lisa

Suzanne D on 5/25/02 at 13:58 (085200)

You're right, Lisa. And Happy Memorial Day to you as a Vet, to Necee, and to everyone else.

When I think of Memorial Day I have to smile because my birthday is May 30th, and of course that used to be Memorial Day every year until it was changed to the nearest Monday.

My sister thought for years that it was a holiday because it was my birthday and was hurt that her birthday was not recognized as well!

Also in first grade I could not say my 'th' sound plainly, and someone asked me my birthdate. I told them but was admonished that there were not 40 days in May as they thought I said May 'fortieth'! After repeating it several times, I finally said, 'The day they put the flowers on the graves!'

Then the lady said, 'Oh, May 30th!'.

I replied, 'That's what I said!'

Suzanne :-)

Lisa G on 5/25/02 at 11:13 (085189)

hi necee,
i'm a vet and i wanted to thank you for your message...the reason for memorial day is often forgotten as we enjoy barbeques, parties, and of course...a day off work...

so thank YOU very much for reminding us why it is celebrate memorial day

lisa

Suzanne D on 5/25/02 at 13:58 (085200)

You're right, Lisa. And Happy Memorial Day to you as a Vet, to Necee, and to everyone else.

When I think of Memorial Day I have to smile because my birthday is May 30th, and of course that used to be Memorial Day every year until it was changed to the nearest Monday.

My sister thought for years that it was a holiday because it was my birthday and was hurt that her birthday was not recognized as well!

Also in first grade I could not say my 'th' sound plainly, and someone asked me my birthdate. I told them but was admonished that there were not 40 days in May as they thought I said May 'fortieth'! After repeating it several times, I finally said, 'The day they put the flowers on the graves!'

Then the lady said, 'Oh, May 30th!'.

I replied, 'That's what I said!'

Suzanne :-)