Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne

Posted by john h on 5/24/02 at 14:34 (085118)

Suzanne: I guess you noticed one of your very good Guards (basketball) is transferring. I think to Oklahoma State. What is going on there? I heard he does not get along with Tubby.

Re: Suzanne

Suzanne D on 5/25/02 at 13:47 (085198)

John, I'll have to check with my friends who keep up with such things better than I do. I'll let you know what they say!

My husband is from Indiana and still a Hoosier fan, so when I asked him, he didn't know. He just said, 'Good!' that he was transferring! :-)

Myself, I always have enjoyed since high school days watching a good basketball game. But then my daughters have been so involved in band and choir that I have spent more time with that than sports. Since my husband never wants to watch a UK game, I just hear about it from my friends at school!

Around here, most people are huge UK fans and think the players can do no wrong. If they are caught doing wrong, they tend to ignore that and just not talk about it. The coach - on the other hand - is fine until he loses...:-)

Yesterday I was involved in athletics - my school had their annual Field Day at the ball field across the road from our school. This year I had about 4 first grade boys who are just really tough. And they are smart, too, excelling in reading and math as well as sports. Yesterday we 'whooped up' on the other teams! My favorite event to watch was the tire load. It just amazed me to watch these little boys carry tires and load them on trailers attached to trucks. Each of the three first grade classes had a team of 4 who had to run and get 12 tires and bring them back and load them up on the trailers. The first class with all tires loaded was the winner. My boys won very easily. I was amazed to see three of them carrying two tires each with no problem. The smallest boy would start out with two, and the biggest boy would load his and go back and help the smaller one with one of his tires. Then they'd go back for more.

After it was over, I said, 'If I ever have a flat tire, boys, I know who I'm going to call!' They just beamed, and I heard them repeating what I had said to each other.

Now if any of them or my other boys from classes of years past ever make it on a college team, I will watch with pride no matter who they play for!

Suzanne :-)

Re: Suzanne

Suzanne D on 5/25/02 at 13:47 (085198)

John, I'll have to check with my friends who keep up with such things better than I do. I'll let you know what they say!

My husband is from Indiana and still a Hoosier fan, so when I asked him, he didn't know. He just said, 'Good!' that he was transferring! :-)

Myself, I always have enjoyed since high school days watching a good basketball game. But then my daughters have been so involved in band and choir that I have spent more time with that than sports. Since my husband never wants to watch a UK game, I just hear about it from my friends at school!

Around here, most people are huge UK fans and think the players can do no wrong. If they are caught doing wrong, they tend to ignore that and just not talk about it. The coach - on the other hand - is fine until he loses...:-)

Yesterday I was involved in athletics - my school had their annual Field Day at the ball field across the road from our school. This year I had about 4 first grade boys who are just really tough. And they are smart, too, excelling in reading and math as well as sports. Yesterday we 'whooped up' on the other teams! My favorite event to watch was the tire load. It just amazed me to watch these little boys carry tires and load them on trailers attached to trucks. Each of the three first grade classes had a team of 4 who had to run and get 12 tires and bring them back and load them up on the trailers. The first class with all tires loaded was the winner. My boys won very easily. I was amazed to see three of them carrying two tires each with no problem. The smallest boy would start out with two, and the biggest boy would load his and go back and help the smaller one with one of his tires. Then they'd go back for more.

After it was over, I said, 'If I ever have a flat tire, boys, I know who I'm going to call!' They just beamed, and I heard them repeating what I had said to each other.

Now if any of them or my other boys from classes of years past ever make it on a college team, I will watch with pride no matter who they play for!

Suzanne :-)