Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Julie in the UK

Posted by Pete R on 5/25/02 at 09:28 (085181)

You have recommended Ron McCulloch at London Podiatry in the past, how does he diagnose the problem ? Does he use ultrasound so that you can actually see the site of the treatment ?

I'm considering paying him a visit.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Re: To Julie in the UK

Sandy H. on 5/26/02 at 06:12 (085259)

Hi, I went too. No hi tech stuff. Just manipulation, measuring and getting you to walk on treadmill. I guess if he suspects something that needs the technology he will refer you as he did in my case getting me to get my back X-rayed which showed a bit of a lumbar subluxation. By ultrasound do you mean MRT scans? Those are something some people around here get. I'd be interested if anyone found something useful from such scans as I've been told by doctors it isn't worth it...

Re: Sandy

Pete R on 5/26/02 at 13:41 (085296)

By ultrasound I mean being having a probe applied to your foot and being able to see the inside on a screen to help the diagnosis. The Doc's on this site refer to this in their ESWT treatment so they can actually see the problem and are more accurate.

Maybe it isn't as common in the UK, I don't know.

We're you happy with London Podiatry ?

Are you cured ?

Re: To Sandy

Sharon W on 5/26/02 at 21:30 (085324)

Sandy,

The MRI was VERY useful for me. It clearly showed the inflammation in my PF, confirming that diagnosis, and it ALSO showed that my posterior tibial vein is distended and swollen (a varicose vein), putting pressure on the nerve in my tarsal tunnel, compressing the posterior tibial nerve and causing tarsal tunnel syndrome. So my MRI validated TWO diagnoses.

But I do realize that my experience was unusual, and most patients who get an MRI seem to have nothing of interest show up on it.

-- Sharon

Re: Pete

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 15:02 (085467)

I think Julie is on vacation or on a trip or something. She may not get back to you on this one.

Re: About Julie

Sharon W on 5/28/02 at 15:59 (085479)

Julie left today for PARIS!! And I really hope thst when she gets back, she will have wonderful stories to tell us, about her holiday...

-- Sharon

Sandy H. on 5/29/02 at 10:22 (085602)

Not cured yet but slowly making progress. I saw a physio about hip alignment who seems to think she can take a couple of mils off my longer leg if I do regular exercises to get it properly aligned plus core stability. She read mcculloch's diagnosis and was impressed.

Re: To Julie in the UK

Sandy H. on 5/26/02 at 06:12 (085259)

Hi, I went too. No hi tech stuff. Just manipulation, measuring and getting you to walk on treadmill. I guess if he suspects something that needs the technology he will refer you as he did in my case getting me to get my back X-rayed which showed a bit of a lumbar subluxation. By ultrasound do you mean MRT scans? Those are something some people around here get. I'd be interested if anyone found something useful from such scans as I've been told by doctors it isn't worth it...

Re: Sandy

Pete R on 5/26/02 at 13:41 (085296)

By ultrasound I mean being having a probe applied to your foot and being able to see the inside on a screen to help the diagnosis. The Doc's on this site refer to this in their ESWT treatment so they can actually see the problem and are more accurate.

Maybe it isn't as common in the UK, I don't know.

We're you happy with London Podiatry ?

Are you cured ?

Re: To Sandy

Sharon W on 5/26/02 at 21:30 (085324)

Sandy,

The MRI was VERY useful for me. It clearly showed the inflammation in my PF, confirming that diagnosis, and it ALSO showed that my posterior tibial vein is distended and swollen (a varicose vein), putting pressure on the nerve in my tarsal tunnel, compressing the posterior tibial nerve and causing tarsal tunnel syndrome. So my MRI validated TWO diagnoses.

But I do realize that my experience was unusual, and most patients who get an MRI seem to have nothing of interest show up on it.

-- Sharon

Re: Pete

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 15:02 (085467)

I think Julie is on vacation or on a trip or something. She may not get back to you on this one.

Sharon W on 5/28/02 at 15:59 (085479)

Julie left today for PARIS!! And I really hope thst when she gets back, she will have wonderful stories to tell us, about her holiday...

-- Sharon

Sandy H. on 5/29/02 at 10:22 (085602)

Not cured yet but slowly making progress. I saw a physio about hip alignment who seems to think she can take a couple of mils off my longer leg if I do regular exercises to get it properly aligned plus core stability. She read mcculloch's diagnosis and was impressed.