Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Best relief for pf I can do after work

Posted by Abby L on 5/26/02 at 18:57 (085310)

Hi,
I work eight to ten hours on my feet a day and when I come home
I am in alot of pain. I have good shoes and a great hubby that rubs my
feet. I take 800mg advil at least twice a day and am loosing weight. I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to help. I also wrap
my heel in ice two to three times a week just before I go to bed, i usally kick it off after an hour or two. Thanks for any help you can give.
My HMO doctor just said take advil and loose weight. He said the same thing for my calf on the same leg that burns and goes numb every night.

Re: Best relief for pf I can do after work

DR Zuckerman on 5/27/02 at 08:48 (085340)

Hi

You need to see someone who will at least x-ray the foot and do a hands on evaluation. How long has this been going on.? Rest is very important and the amount of time you are standing on your feet is plays a big part of your PAIN. So get a complete evaluation by a podiatrist as soon as possible. Read the heel pain book to educate yourself about plantar fasciitis

Abby L on 7/06/02 at 16:03 (089217)

Dr Z
Thanks for the advice. My pain has been going on for at least a year in this foot, right that is.
I had one in my left foot but after about a year it went away.
I sprained my left ankle 1 1/2 months ago so my right ankle is really getting a workout. I will try to see another Dr.
Thanks so much for the reply. I seem to sprain my left ankle about every two years or so could this have anything to do with the pf? ( I'm talking pull everything in the ankle kind of sprain)

DR Zuckerman on 5/27/02 at 08:48 (085340)

Hi

You need to see someone who will at least x-ray the foot and do a hands on evaluation. How long has this been going on.? Rest is very important and the amount of time you are standing on your feet is plays a big part of your PAIN. So get a complete evaluation by a podiatrist as soon as possible. Read the heel pain book to educate yourself about plantar fasciitis

Abby L on 7/06/02 at 16:03 (089217)

Dr Z
Thanks for the advice. My pain has been going on for at least a year in this foot, right that is.
I had one in my left foot but after about a year it went away.
I sprained my left ankle 1 1/2 months ago so my right ankle is really getting a workout. I will try to see another Dr.
Thanks so much for the reply. I seem to sprain my left ankle about every two years or so could this have anything to do with the pf? ( I'm talking pull everything in the ankle kind of sprain)