Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT following Achilles Rupture

Posted by Lis R on 5/27/02 at 06:18 (085332)

I ruptured my Achilles tendon and following surgical repair had another fall causing a skin tear and Golden Staph infection.
I was in a wheelchair for 7 months and now have Plantar fascitis. I am to have ESWT this week here in Australia.
Am wondering if anyone else has had success following Achilles repair, also how bad does the pain get before it gets better.
Would appreciate any advice.
Lis

Re: ESWT following Achilles Rupture

Carmen on 5/27/02 at 11:21 (085351)

Have you been to this site before?

john h on 5/28/02 at 09:50 (085441)

Lis R: I have two friends who have had achilles tendon surgical repair and both are back to running. It is slow going but from what I read is very successful.

Lis R on 5/28/02 at 19:08 (085513)

Thank you for your comments. No Carmen I have not been here before. I am nervous about whether ESWT is going to help my condition or not. All I have read here in Australia does not necessarily agree with what I am reading on this site. So I thought I'd ask those on the site whether they have had my experience. I am now 16 months post achilles rupture which initially healed well. However following a second fall and Having an ulcerated wound which took 4 months to heal I now have heel spur and plantar fascitis, along with an achilles temdom 2 inches shorter than before. The achilles is NOT the problem. It is the underneath of my heel which will not allow me to walk for more than 10 minutes at a time.
Appreciate any advice or support
Lis

john h on 5/29/02 at 09:32 (085593)

Lisa if you are in Australia then one of the most knowledgable people I have talked with is there doing ESWT with the EPOS Ultra. His name is Allan. His email address is (email removed)

I think Allan told me the cost for treatment is only $250 in Australia. You need to contact Allan as I think you are in a wonderful place to get treatment with an expert.

Carmen on 5/27/02 at 11:21 (085351)

Have you been to this site before?

john h on 5/28/02 at 09:50 (085441)

Lis R: I have two friends who have had achilles tendon surgical repair and both are back to running. It is slow going but from what I read is very successful.

Lis R on 5/28/02 at 19:08 (085513)

Thank you for your comments. No Carmen I have not been here before. I am nervous about whether ESWT is going to help my condition or not. All I have read here in Australia does not necessarily agree with what I am reading on this site. So I thought I'd ask those on the site whether they have had my experience. I am now 16 months post achilles rupture which initially healed well. However following a second fall and Having an ulcerated wound which took 4 months to heal I now have heel spur and plantar fascitis, along with an achilles temdom 2 inches shorter than before. The achilles is NOT the problem. It is the underneath of my heel which will not allow me to walk for more than 10 minutes at a time.
Appreciate any advice or support
Lis

john h on 5/29/02 at 09:32 (085593)

Lisa if you are in Australia then one of the most knowledgable people I have talked with is there doing ESWT with the EPOS Ultra. His name is Allan. His email address is (email removed)

I think Allan told me the cost for treatment is only $250 in Australia. You need to contact Allan as I think you are in a wonderful place to get treatment with an expert.