Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

kellers operation

Posted by s coherty on 5/27/02 at 13:29 (085355)

I have had kellers operation on both feet and after six months I was in pain in a different part of the feet to which I was informed I would have to go for another operation called mortons neuroma digital. I am now finding I have more pain in one foot which is affecting my walking also has esculated to my anckle and top of the foot.
Can anybody help me as to what I should do as I am afraid that in the end I will not be able to walk at all.

Re: kellers operation

DR Zuckerman on 5/27/02 at 13:35 (085356)

Hi

The keller operation is where part of the big toe joint is removed. In your case it has placed more weight on the balls of your feet. A neuroma problem is one of the things that will develop. You may have to either have an implant or a fusion of the big toe joint to put the weight bearing back under the big toe joint . If is very hard to make a determination as too what is needed to help you without x=ray's and a hands on evaluation.

Just having the neuroma operation may resolve your pain. Has there be any treatment on the neuroma problem except the offer of more foot surgery

s coherty on 5/28/02 at 08:54 (085437)

Thank you Dr Zuckerman for your quick reply.
On the question of neuroma problem I had no trouble with this before but I also have had no x-rays, my docter has told me if the problem carries on then he will do the neuroma operation. As the days have gone by since seeing my docter I find that I can hardly walk because of the pain I am now getting in the anckle on one foot it also seems the pain is on the upper part of the foot. Would this be anything to do with my walking differently.
I know it must be hard to advice when you havn't anything infront of you but I thank you for helping me.

DR Zuckerman on 5/27/02 at 13:35 (085356)

Hi

The keller operation is where part of the big toe joint is removed. In your case it has placed more weight on the balls of your feet. A neuroma problem is one of the things that will develop. You may have to either have an implant or a fusion of the big toe joint to put the weight bearing back under the big toe joint . If is very hard to make a determination as too what is needed to help you without x=ray's and a hands on evaluation.

Just having the neuroma operation may resolve your pain. Has there be any treatment on the neuroma problem except the offer of more foot surgery

s coherty on 5/28/02 at 08:54 (085437)

Thank you Dr Zuckerman for your quick reply.
On the question of neuroma problem I had no trouble with this before but I also have had no x-rays, my docter has told me if the problem carries on then he will do the neuroma operation. As the days have gone by since seeing my docter I find that I can hardly walk because of the pain I am now getting in the anckle on one foot it also seems the pain is on the upper part of the foot. Would this be anything to do with my walking differently.
I know it must be hard to advice when you havn't anything infront of you but I thank you for helping me.