Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

9 weeks post ESWT--Comment and Question

Posted by AndrewS on 5/27/02 at 22:13 (085401)

On Thursday I will be 9 weeks post treatment from Dr. Z's O machine. I would say the level of pain pre ESWT was generally an 8-9. I was pretty much disabled from doing any activity whatsoever, had constant pain and went through every recommended conservative treatment. I would now say my level of pain is a 3-5 depending upon activity and the shoes I wear. I still must wear my orthotics and if I don't I pay for it by the end of the day. My morning pain is minimal. I am able to walk to the bathroom with minimal discomfort. Last week I walked around EPCOT for an entire day and was OK. I began playing tennis this past weekend (after 6 months) and with the proper sneakers (New Balance 829's) and orthotics, as well as icing afterwards, I was fine.

So all in all, I would say the procedure was very successful in making a severely disabling condition much more tolerable.

The question for me is do I now come back for a 2nd treatment to see if we can take this healing process to the next level? Dr. Z, do you continue to suggest I take the full 12 weeks recommended healing time or have I gotten most of the benefit by now? Is there any risk in reversing the very satisfactory healing process by having a repeat procedure?

For those considering this procedure, I say ABSOLUTELY DO IT. I had tried everything and was actually beginning to feel depressed as I considered this to be a chronic condition which will keep me disabled for life. This procedure does work!
Andrew

Re: 9 weeks post ESWT--Comment and Question

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 18:55 (085512)

SO glad you are experiencing relief.....keep posting and let us know how you do.

Re: 9 weeks post ESWT--Comment and Question

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 18:55 (085512)

SO glad you are experiencing relief.....keep posting and let us know how you do.