Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF as cause of hip pain, and use of taping

Posted by Cary S. on 5/27/02 at 23:54 (085410)

I was wondering if a chronic case of PF could be the cause of hip pain. Tonight my wife taped the bottom of my problem foot, and the the relief is significant. It feels wonderful to have my fascia relatively imobilized without having to stand on an orthotic. I wonder if a tear in my fascia could cause me to feel that I have needed orthotics, however could the orthotics have been exacerbating the problem, ultimately causing me to walk on the outside of my foot, and resulting in hip pain???
Also, if I do have a tear, what is the best way to determine it. I read something on your site about ultrasound as a way to see tears etc. Is that what you'd recommend?? Does your typical ultrasound technitian know how to preform this test??
And lastly, how long do you recommend taping for. I've had the PF, or whatever is going on, for several years.

Re: PF as cause of hip pain, and use of taping

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 07:47 (085423)

Me again Cary...(I called you yesterday in the middle of a small moving break and the kids must have been online..I will try again today). YES your orthotics could have been making things worse. YES PF can cause other lower extremity problems.....

Re: PF as cause of hip pain, and use of taping

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 07:47 (085423)

Me again Cary...(I called you yesterday in the middle of a small moving break and the kids must have been online..I will try again today). YES your orthotics could have been making things worse. YES PF can cause other lower extremity problems.....