Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Gosh Darn PF-Carole and Donna

Posted by Carmen on 5/28/02 at 08:01 (085429)

Back in the Birks for the past two days. Orthotics killed me Sat. and off they went.
Couldn't walk without them Sat-Sat. and now can't wear them.
grrrrr.
Well I went and bought shoes Sunday....I tried on everything under the sun....
we were at the Walking Co for an hour+
I ended up with some Merrell slips ons and boy are they cute nad boy are they comfortable!
And a pair of the Eccos...can't rememberthe style name right off and a new pair of 805's just for a nicer cleaner shoe (the other 805's are a mess!.
I tried the Receptors and found them comfortable but liked the other look I got better.
So we'll see.
Sofar the Merrells I have worn for two days with no pain....so next week who knows!!!right?
;o)

Re: Gosh Darn PF-Carole and Donna

Carole C in NOLA on 5/28/02 at 20:16 (085524)

Carmen,

I've never seen Merrell shoes. I looked at them at the Walking Company site. They have white Merrell shoes that I guess are clogs.

With the Eccos, from what Donna says some are good and some are not so good. I have collected three tests from this message board, that a shoe must pass to possibly be good for PF. Here they are:

1. Try holding the heel counter firmly in one hand and push up on the toe end. If it bends in the right place (where your foot bends at the ball, but NOT in the arch area) then the shoe passes test #1.

2. Pinch the heel counter between your thumb and forefinger. If it feels firm and supportive, it passes test #2.

3. Hold the heel counter in one hand, grasp the toe in the other hand, and twist it. If the shoe resists twisting, it pasts test #3.

Hope this helps! I'm glad the Merrells are helping you right now. Two days with no pain is good. It might just be the 'different shoe' phenomenon but then again, they might turn out to be a really good shoe for you. I don't have a clue about them.

Carole C

Rich on 5/28/02 at 22:15 (085554)

Carmen...I wanted to tell you I found some white sandals! I opened yesterday's paper and found that a small boutique here in town had about 500 boxes of betula's for $25 a pair. I have been having the best success in the ones I bought at Sam's. Went to check them out and came home with three more pair. Now I have brown three-strap, white single-band slide, black single-band slide and navy wide two-strap. I am all ready for our little weekend trip coming up! Thought I would have to wear my NB's with my new capri outfits....

I hope you are wearing your NB's to pack? I've been way overdoing it and paying for it. Carole reminded me to ease into the Betula's slowly and it's helping! **Thanks, Carole!**

Well, it's bedtime, just thought I would squeeze this in...I am finished on 'Social'!!

See ya!
Rich

Carmen on 5/29/02 at 08:00 (085582)

Rich please post your email if you can.

Rich on 5/29/02 at 08:18 (085584)

Happy to do that!! (email removed)

About to jump in the shower and I'm off to the sitter, work (maybe?) then the hair salon. Saying bye to my curly locks and going for a spikey crop for pool days! Well, not too spikey...LOL

Email anytime...

Rich

Re: Carole?

Rich on 5/29/02 at 19:32 (085665)

Hey Carole...where you been? Email me at address below in this thread....

Carole C in NOLA on 5/28/02 at 20:16 (085524)

Carmen,

I've never seen Merrell shoes. I looked at them at the Walking Company site. They have white Merrell shoes that I guess are clogs.

With the Eccos, from what Donna says some are good and some are not so good. I have collected three tests from this message board, that a shoe must pass to possibly be good for PF. Here they are:

1. Try holding the heel counter firmly in one hand and push up on the toe end. If it bends in the right place (where your foot bends at the ball, but NOT in the arch area) then the shoe passes test #1.

2. Pinch the heel counter between your thumb and forefinger. If it feels firm and supportive, it passes test #2.

3. Hold the heel counter in one hand, grasp the toe in the other hand, and twist it. If the shoe resists twisting, it pasts test #3.

Hope this helps! I'm glad the Merrells are helping you right now. Two days with no pain is good. It might just be the 'different shoe' phenomenon but then again, they might turn out to be a really good shoe for you. I don't have a clue about them.

Carole C

Rich on 5/28/02 at 22:15 (085554)

Carmen...I wanted to tell you I found some white sandals! I opened yesterday's paper and found that a small boutique here in town had about 500 boxes of betula's for $25 a pair. I have been having the best success in the ones I bought at Sam's. Went to check them out and came home with three more pair. Now I have brown three-strap, white single-band slide, black single-band slide and navy wide two-strap. I am all ready for our little weekend trip coming up! Thought I would have to wear my NB's with my new capri outfits....

I hope you are wearing your NB's to pack? I've been way overdoing it and paying for it. Carole reminded me to ease into the Betula's slowly and it's helping! **Thanks, Carole!**

Well, it's bedtime, just thought I would squeeze this in...I am finished on 'Social'!!

See ya!
Rich

Carmen on 5/29/02 at 08:00 (085582)

Rich please post your email if you can.

Rich on 5/29/02 at 08:18 (085584)

Happy to do that!! (email removed)

About to jump in the shower and I'm off to the sitter, work (maybe?) then the hair salon. Saying bye to my curly locks and going for a spikey crop for pool days! Well, not too spikey...LOL

Email anytime...

Rich

Re: Carole?

Rich on 5/29/02 at 19:32 (085665)

Hey Carole...where you been? Email me at address below in this thread....