Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot swelling

Posted by Just a girl on 5/28/02 at 14:41 (085465)

I went to a wedding on the 26th of april and after the wedding both of my feet were swollen. I have never had this problem before. I had just bought brand new sandals for the wedding and they fit just fine. The next day my right foot went down to normal size but left foot is still swollen. And now my right foot is swollen again. I have tried everything that I can think of. Please advise

Thank you

Re: Foot swelling

R C on 5/29/02 at 21:42 (085694)

Sweetheart, please don't call yourself 'just a girl' -- because you are a very *special* girl.

About your feet. I hope that you won't be wearing those sandals anymore, and that going back to your regular shoes have helped. If your feet are still bothering you today, you should see a doctor. In the meantime, keeping your foot elevated, applying ice (12 minutes at a time - no more), and generally staying off your feet should help with the swelling.

Just a girl on 5/30/02 at 13:58 (085792)

I am going to go see the doctor tommorow so hopefully that will help

Just a girl on 5/31/02 at 17:03 (085937)

well the pd said that i need to go to see a real Doctor because all of my fluids are draining down. Has anybody ever heard of this? please advise

R C on 5/29/02 at 21:42 (085694)

Sweetheart, please don't call yourself 'just a girl' -- because you are a very *special* girl.

About your feet. I hope that you won't be wearing those sandals anymore, and that going back to your regular shoes have helped. If your feet are still bothering you today, you should see a doctor. In the meantime, keeping your foot elevated, applying ice (12 minutes at a time - no more), and generally staying off your feet should help with the swelling.

Just a girl on 5/30/02 at 13:58 (085792)

I am going to go see the doctor tommorow so hopefully that will help

Just a girl on 5/31/02 at 17:03 (085937)

well the pd said that i need to go to see a real Doctor because all of my fluids are draining down. Has anybody ever heard of this? please advise