Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Catherine and anyone else with multi symptoms

Posted by Carmen on 5/28/02 at 15:09 (085470)

I have been researching something for my own personal reasons and wasn't really going to say anything but I see a lot of multi symptoms 'muscle and skeletal' problems.....along with PF and I thought I should share my findings in case any one at all could benefit. Catherine You stuck out in my mind because of the following post you wrote:

'My legs are very tight and all that tension seems to have pulled-up on my heels which either caused the PF or worsened it... kinda the chicken and the egg thing - which came first!

Still don't know exactly what has triggered the tightness in my legs, calfs.??? But when taking the muscle relaxant, the tightness and pain amost disappears.'

SO...with that said something to think about AFTER all else has been ruled out (any serious arthritis, Fibro., Bursitis, systemic diseases etc.) is Myofascial Pain Syndrome (MPS). If you really want an answer to all the things going on that don't seem to make sense b/c your tests are all negative it's something to think about.
The prognosis is good...my problems came from RSI and ergonomics at my job.

http://www.sover.net/~devstar/myopain.htm

Heel pain and complex foot problems are a part of this puzzle.

Re: RSI

Sharon W on 5/28/02 at 16:31 (085492)

Carmen,

Pardon my ignorance but what is RSI?

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 16:56 (085496)

Repetitive Stress Injury
Excessive typing, Exercise, lifting etc. Something you do over and over agan that takes a toll on your muscles, joints, connective tissues etc.
You're far from ignorance dear friend.

Re: Carmen: Thanks for explaining (eom)

Sharon W on 5/28/02 at 17:10 (085500)

Re: Catherine and anyone else with multi symptoms

CatherineL on 5/29/02 at 09:45 (085595)

Carmen,

Thanx for the info...

I have been kinda half looking into other possibilities, but maybe only half-heartedly because of what I might find. But your right... I will take more time and seek out answers.

What I DO know, is my dr. did the fibro poking test and said I have many of the points. She mentioned when prescribing the muscle relaxant that it will not only help with the C6/7 degeneration (which was causing tension and triggering migraine attacks), but that it is also a commonly prescribed med for fibro.

She doesn't seem to want to 'say' it. My mother and sister have been diagnosed with Fibro. But, I should also look into MPS, and other possibilites. There has to be some reason my health has been on a constant slide downward the past few years... It actually dawned on me just the other day that almost all my conditions start with the word 'chronic'. It dawned on me after I read a 2year old sleep clinic report that mentioned 'chronic' fatigue... I just don't think I've been ready to face it.... just thought I would bury my head in the sand and pretend everything was going to get better. That this too shall pass!!! But I'm in my 30's and feel like I thought I'd feel when I hit my 60's or 70's!

thanx again Carmen.
CatherineL

Sharon W on 5/28/02 at 16:31 (085492)

Carmen,

Pardon my ignorance but what is RSI?

-- Sharon

Carmen on 5/28/02 at 16:56 (085496)

Repetitive Stress Injury
Excessive typing, Exercise, lifting etc. Something you do over and over agan that takes a toll on your muscles, joints, connective tissues etc.
You're far from ignorance dear friend.

Re: Carmen: Thanks for explaining (eom)

Sharon W on 5/28/02 at 17:10 (085500)

Re: Catherine and anyone else with multi symptoms

CatherineL on 5/29/02 at 09:45 (085595)

Carmen,

Thanx for the info...

I have been kinda half looking into other possibilities, but maybe only half-heartedly because of what I might find. But your right... I will take more time and seek out answers.

What I DO know, is my dr. did the fibro poking test and said I have many of the points. She mentioned when prescribing the muscle relaxant that it will not only help with the C6/7 degeneration (which was causing tension and triggering migraine attacks), but that it is also a commonly prescribed med for fibro.

She doesn't seem to want to 'say' it. My mother and sister have been diagnosed with Fibro. But, I should also look into MPS, and other possibilites. There has to be some reason my health has been on a constant slide downward the past few years... It actually dawned on me just the other day that almost all my conditions start with the word 'chronic'. It dawned on me after I read a 2year old sleep clinic report that mentioned 'chronic' fatigue... I just don't think I've been ready to face it.... just thought I would bury my head in the sand and pretend everything was going to get better. That this too shall pass!!! But I'm in my 30's and feel like I thought I'd feel when I hit my 60's or 70's!

thanx again Carmen.
CatherineL